Cadillac ATS-V.R

zeitgeist57

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/14/cadillac-ats-vr-racecar-fia-gt3-official/

After seeing GM's resurgence in truly global motorsports with the C5R program several years ago, I appreciate the "halo effect" it's had on Corvette and Cadillac.

Here's to hoping they get a few wins under their belt against Porsche and Ferrari...would make daddy proud. :)

Is Ford racing the Mustang in GT3?

Cadillac ATS-V.R specifications

Model

Cadillac ATS-V.R

Construction

Reinforced eight-point welded roll cage; carbon fiber hood, deck-lid, front fenders, doors, rear fenders

Engine

LF4.R 3.6L, Twin-Turbo V-6 with production aluminum block and heads, up to 600 HP@7400 RPM torque 520 ft-lb (unrestricted), developed and built by GM Powertrain

Fuel supply

120 liter (31.7 gallons) fuel cell

Engine management

Bosch MS5.1, programmable

Turbocharging

BorgWarner EFR Series twin-turbochargers, boost set to series specifications

Intake

Carbon fiber with integral high-capacity water-to-air-intercoolers

Exhaust

Side exit direct exhaust from turbos, no mufflers

Transmission

Xtrac sequential six-speed rear-mounted transaxle; steering wheel-mounted paddle shift; no lift shift; limited slip differential with 3.13 final drive

Traction control

Electronic, driver adjustable

Brakes

Brembo, six-pot front with 380mm rotor, four pot rear with 355mm rotor; Bosch ABS M4 controls with driver-adjustable modes

Suspension

Three-way Penske adjustable shocks, front and rear independent SLA suspension

Chassis

Reinforced production unibody with race-designed safety cage

Pedals

Close-ratio foot pedal box, accelerator, brake, clutch pedals

Steering

ZF hydraulic power-assisted rack and pinion steering

Wheels

BBS 12” x 18” aluminum front and 13” x 18” rears

Tires

Racing tires, front 315/680 x 18, rear 325/705 x 18, series spec

Aero kit

Carbon fiber five-piece aero kit including side skirts, front splitter, fascia and dive planes, rear diffuser and rear bumper cover

Dry weight (lb/kg)

2,900 /1,318

Other features

Motorola two-way radio; Pratt & Miller-developed side-impact-reducing crush box, carbon fiber custom-molded cool seat and competition driver air conditioning system; Willans six-point racing driver seat belts; dash display rearview cameras

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/11/14/cadillac-ats-vr-racecar-fia-gt3-official/

After seeing GM's resurgence in truly global motorsports with the C5R program several years ago, I appreciate the "halo effect" it's had on Corvette and Cadillac.

Here's to hoping they get a few wins under their belt against Porsche and Ferrari...would make daddy proud. :)

Is Ford racing the Mustang in GT3?

In case you missed it, team Cadillac and Johnny O'Connell have won the manufacturer, and drivers championships respectively 3 years in a row in the Pirelli World Challenge series. Here's to hoping for more championships to come.

If the ATS V is a TT V6, and the C7 Zo6 has 650hp......I wonder when the NEW CTS-V will get....

New CTS-V is supposed to get a boosted V8, but I'm 99% sure it was going to be the 8sp-auto only...similar to the Charger Hellcat in powertrain arrangement.

My love for my '07 CTS-V will likely be transferred to a 2nd-gen CTS-V or this ATS-V in a few years solely because of the availability of a stick.

Is the ATS-v price tag similar to the CTS?

Current V6 CTS's start around $40k, I think the ATS-V will be in the $60k-70k range...

What's the M3 or Audi S4 go for these days? There's your competitive price point. :lol:

http://jalopnik.com/2016-cadillac-ats-v-everything-you-need-to-know-1660462891

DAT BROO.

I've driven my FiL's 2015 Corvette with the 7-speed manual and I'll say that Rev-Match is the GREATEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED. Srsly, safety features notwithstanding, it takes driving a stick to a whole 'nother level...

http://jalopnik.com/2016-cadillac-ats-v-everything-you-need-to-know-1660462891

DAT BROO.

I've driven my FiL's 2015 Corvette with the 7-speed manual and I'll say that Rev-Match is the GREATEST THING THAT'S EVER HAPPENED. Srsly, safety features notwithstanding, it takes driving a stick to a whole 'nother level...

I saw that.... how does it work?

Does it just rev-match if you are on the brake while downshifting?