Anyone here own a 50bmg gun?

Diamonds

I do not follow your reasoning of "6 bucks no matter how you slice it". Do you even slickguns bro?

Never mind. You mentioned 6.50 for match. Just commenting that is still expensive given the qty some of these people/sites require you to purchase. Pic looks good!

Edited by timmy43016

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that sounds great! let me know how much quantity hypothetically someone would have to buy to get it for sub-2.00 in your opinion.

Here's the gun BTW.

[]https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10806495_10102958728107184_8087852284350623286_n.jpg?oh=ad80edfbc9919300eb9636aaba1d82b9&oe=551B35A8&__gda__=1426857029_bed08b6a50edf6a2507b331a309894c1[/img]

BUT, I think I am going to buy the forend conversion to get the bipod out further... what do you think? Should I do this? (the only downside is that the gun won't break down into the small case it comes in).

[]http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m551/andrewearthur/WINDRUNNER.jpg[/img]

There really isn't any secret buy place for the ammo, it usually comes around when someone who used to shoot wants to unload a large surplus so they offer it cheap. I've let a few go but now regret it. Live and learn I guess.

As for adjustments, do what makes the gun comfortable for you. I'd suggest trying it as is then going from there. I've seen many people change things only to revert back. Too many people get hung up on looks over functionality imho.

On a positive note. here are the best low-quantity prices I have found Gillbot.

Hornady Amax Match 750g - 5.37/rd (but needs to be shipped so it would make sense to order enough to make the cost of shipping per round insignificant.

Freedom munitions reman. - Ball or API or APIT - 2.57/rd

And then, a slew of ball ammo for 2.80-3.00

So, the point in all of this..... Buy a 50 so we can go halfsies on big ammo orders!!

PS - I am LOVING the price on that match ammo.

Too many people get hung up on looks over functionality imho.

So, I called RND the other day (company that makes the forend) and we talked about the benefit of having the bipod up front for the average "bench" shooter and I am sold on the functionality/stability of having the bipod out in front more-so than the current setup were the "ease of pivoting is optimized" (which I don't think is necessary unless Im shooting at moving targets).

..... plus, it makes the gun look like the cheytac m200....... ha

Hornady match was decent ammo when I shot it if I recall and get price doesn't look too bad really.

We used to buy the cheapest milsurp we could find for plinking though. It's just fun to blast giant holes in stuff. Always fun to stock up when you get it around 2-3/rd after shipping.