Mojoe

greg1647545532

http://steronz.com/random/gpk_nov.jpg

That's me at number 8. I'm declaring victory. :)

But seriously, I had the 4th fastest time that session, and then my next two sessions with mostly the same people none of us could get anywhere close to the 1 minute mark -- I was setting fastest laps for the session with 1:01s. I don't know if it was just a matter of the right kart being matched up to the right person (I did like that kart the best, I had issues with my other two) or if it was a matter of fluctuating track and tire temperatures. That place is crazy.

In any case, I converted two more addicts.

You put that time down on heat 19, I think. They prepped the track for you guys and you had the first run on it. That makes the track pretty damn quick. I saw the guys you were out there with. That kid in the brown plaid shirt was fast. Very good lap time you have there.

Here's my time with a prepped track.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/43D85F51-4FF6-43F9-A4FD-7359DFCD3FE1_zpswhtz5bvi.jpg

Malarky!

So the track prep they do (assuming that's the oil treatment) really starts to wear off that fast?! If so, I wish they didn't do it. The track felt very spotty, grip then slide, repeat 3x times per corner. I'd rather just drive on a slick track than have them spray down random splotches of grip that wear off after 1 session.

Malarky!

So the track prep they do (assuming that's the oil treatment) really starts to wear off that fast?! If so, I wish they didn't do it. The track felt very spotty, grip then slide, repeat 3x times per corner. I'd rather just drive on a slick track than have them spray down random splotches of grip that wear off after 1 session.

Jason was coating the track really good. I was wishing we had checked into you heat, but we were waiting for people.

From what I've seen, the oil treatment gets grip about 2-3 lap after treated, just in time for tire warm up. I think great grip is good for about 7-8 laps, or until the tires cool down. If they would do a 12-15 lap session on fresh prep, that would be very interesting.