2009 VW Passat P2015 code

Gergwheel1647545492

I have a friend that has a Passat with a 4cylinder gas engine and her CEL just came on for this. Read the code and its a P2015 - intake manifold flapper motor position sensor. Never heard of this before. Any thoughts on fixes? I cleared the code and then a week later it came back on.

I have a friend that has a Passat with a 4cylinder gas engine and her CEL just came on for this. Read the code and its a P2015 - intake manifold flapper motor position sensor. Never heard of this before. Any thoughts on fixes? I cleared the code and then a week later it came back on.

inside the intake there are plastic flaps that break. No real way to fix it just has to be replaced

I noticed online that some of the warranty's were extended so i had her call the dealership and sure enough the warranty was extended for her. So it should be covered. Thanks for the input Steve.

very nice i did not know they extended it. thats aswesome as i think overall from the dealer parts and labor used to be almost $1000

very nice i did not know they extended it. thats aswesome as i think overall from the dealer parts and labor used to be almost $1000

yea to replace it and do all the labor i'm sure it would be insanely expensive at the dealership. That is why i was asking for input on it :D

It's to change the runner length and create torque down low and better power up top.

It's been an issue recently on a few VW and Porsche products.

The flaps, at least in the VW application, don't really to much in the way of changing runner length. They reside at the end of the intake manifold, facing the cylinder head intake ports.

Their primary function is to optimize cold start and idle mixture (increased swirl effect/turbulence) for economy & emissions. They have been proven to affect power at the high end, and kits are available to delete them now.

On Audi/VW V8 applications they have multi-stage intake manifolds which do alter the intake length, allowing for longer or shorter runners as desired.