Helmet Thoughts??

Cdubyah

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have/had a SHoei, Arai and a Shark. I love the Shark out of all three but its got a larger shell than the other two so my already large dome looks larger. The Arai frame is too small and my nose touches the helemt were the Shoei is in the middle of the three.

For the cash you should ride up to Ohio motorcycle or honda northwest whatever they are this week and buy the Shark they have on sale for CHEAP but you can only buy the white one cause I already have the black one.

i have an icon and a nolan

the icon feels better on my head, but the nolan is built alot better with alot better features, like the chin strap is a ratcheting style closure, has the tinted visor to flip up or down, chin flap for wind/noise reduction, breath deflector, and it came with an antifog insert (that actually works!!)

the nolan is alot quieter as well. and lighter!

SL370328.jpg

SL370330.jpg

SL370329.jpg

SL371042.jpg

SL371043.jpg

SL371046.jpg

Actually I have an Icon and a KBC Vr2r Mladin replica. The KBC has a smaller outer dimension and flows soooo much more air than the ICON.

However, the tinted shields i bought for the KBC both seem a bit foggy.. compared to the ICON tinted shield.

Both great helmets.

i have an icon and a nolan

the icon feels better on my head, but the nolan is built alot better with alot better features, like the chin strap is a ratcheting style closure, has the tinted visor to flip up or down, chin flap for wind/noise reduction, breath deflector, and it came with an antifog insert (that actually works!!)

the nolan is alot quieter as well. and lighter!

You're the first person I've ever met who actually likes nolans...

I hated mine, it was so much louder than my hjc, and my hjc was loud compared to my shoei rf 1000's, glad they work out for someone...

Anyone purchase a lid off of ebay? Found the helmet I want for $100 cheaper, brand new. Just wondering if anyone has had any bad experiences.

I've had nothing but good experiences so far. I bought both my helmets new as well as both of my jackets (Icon and Joe Rocket) all at huge discounts.

I crashed my shoei rf-1000 at mid oh a weekend before last. I really liked she shoei except the fogging and the price tag. I tried on an exo-700 last night. I liked it as well. I didn't like the fit as well as my shoei but I have heard they don't fog and I hear they are equal in protection. The guys at Sport bike track gear all wear the exo-700 on the track. I think the exo-700 will be my next helmet. Much easier to replace a $150 helmet.

I have to admit though, the shoei rf-1000 did its job superbly. I hit my head decently and no concusion, the shield stayed on and it didn't crack, at least not visibly. It's pretty scuffed up though. I'm gonna send it off to shoei and see what they tell me. Even if they inspect it and say it is no good to wear, I'm interested to see what information they give me.

Have to get a new helmet after the accident.

Had an HJC, not to shabby for the price, but pretty damn windy.

I was looking at the Scorpion EXO 700 Burst

EXO-700_BURST_RED-BLK.jpg

Anyone every had a 700? Thoughts? Opinions?

Don't really have the money for a Shoei, or Arai.

Got an email today from sportbiketrackgear.com that they had EZO-700 Burst for $150. IDK if that's a great price. But I believe they are $200 @ the pony. Plus no tax and I believe free shipping over $100. Just no free tshirt. :D

If the HJC fit and was comfortable, you may need to go with it again. Although I found, owning a Scorpion 400 myself, the HJC line fits about the same. It is tough taking advice on helmets from someone else what they like. Just my $.02

Got an email today from sportbiketrackgear.com that they had EZO-700 Burst for $150. IDK if that's a great price. But I believe they are $200 @ the pony. Plus no tax and I believe free shipping over $100. Just no free tshirt. :D

I have more than enough shirts if you need one :p

I have more than enough shirts if you need one :p
True that. I must have like 20. WTF is wrong with us? :lol:

Are they like all of the other free shirts I get? Large or Extra Large? Cuz I don't think that size its gonna cut the mustard. I'm no underwaer model, so I'm gonna save your eyes from that horror. :lol:

Thanks anyway. :)

STG has the shoei rf1000 on sale for $378 now.

They actually have solid color rf-1000s for $331. You can find them elsewhere as low as $299. The one I had was the one with sweet graphics though. Can't get it anywhere for less than $427. :(

I'm thinking of going with this one.

rf1000_matteblack.jpg

the exo-700 is cheaper, but I like the fit of the shoei better and already have a couple shields for it. Plus STG gives you a free extra shield with purchase as incentive. Along with no tax and no shipping cost. It's not a bad deal.

i'm going to be selling my rf 1000's in the near future. they don't match my gear, they don't match my bike...

what size and how much and how much use on them? Also, got any pics of the color/graphics?

I may be interested.

This was my old one. I'm actually mailing it to Shoei today to have it inspected. I'm really interested in the technology whether it passes or fails. Hell, if it passes, then it'll be a good track helmet. Just scuffed up.

RF1000_DIABOLIC-ZERO-TC-5LG.jpg