Appliance Repair guys come on in

carl1647545492

We have a Kenmore range that has put out a toxic electrical burning smell I pulled the back cover off and found this,eek!

16051536615_b0e6d7e332.jpg

15431892443_7da6380730.jpg

Question is what caused this? If I replace the board and moly plug am I free and clear?

Cliffs lots of posts on the web about Kenmore ranges going up in smoke...buy another brand.

When the control board went out on our stove last year I spent about 10 min looking for the best price I could on a new board.

Then I went and bought a new stove for about $150 more than just the control board would have cost.

Looks to me like when the relay activates, the plug burned due to not having a tight and clean connection to the board.

I suggest replacing the board and plug, clean well, and squeeze the inside of the new plugs metal connectors so they are tight fitting on the board, and also apply some electrical contact grease etc.

You could also just clean the connectors and use the old stuff. Possibly the inside of the relay looks similar though.

Looks to me like when the relay activates, the plug burned due to not having a tight and clean connection to the board.

I suggest replacing the board and plug, clean well, and squeeze the inside of the new plugs metal connectors so they are tight fitting on the board, and also apply some electrical contact grease etc.

You could also just clean the connectors and use the old stuff. Possibly the inside of the relay looks similar though.

^^^^THIS^^^^ 100% spot on.

Before you drop the coin on a new board check if there are any recalls. Had a board on the dishwasher burn up like that, went to replace it (board) and found there was an unconditional recall out due to a fire risk. Edited by acklac7