wtb: ford 8.8 limited slip 31 spline

stolen 5.0

Am I the only one here that doesn't mind playing at the junkyard to get parts like that?

Because the 8.8 in an Explorer & Mountaineer are both 31 spline and I think ALL of the V8's had an LSD.

Go to U-part-it on Refugee they charge $100 for the whole axle so the diff by itself can not be that much, plus per what the owner told me is they deal mostly in Police impounds & insurance totals not junk cars like Pick-N-Pull

Am I the only one here that doesn't mind playing at the junkyard to get parts like that?

Because the 8.8 in an Explorer & Mountaineer are both 31 spline and I think ALL of the V8's had an LSD.

Go to U-part-it on Refugee they charge $100 for the whole axle so the diff by itself can not be that much, plus per what the owner told me is they deal mostly in Police impounds & insurance totals not junk cars like Pick-N-Pull

Time messing around with rusted bolts and God knows the condition plus then you are doing the same job twice to save a total of maybe $150? Much rather just buy a brand new unit and not have to worry. Other items like interior or switches yes, or anything that they want stupid money for I can see. I needed coils for a v6 Audi that were $250 plus, I did go to the yard and get a good set for $15, I think over a 10x savings that was worth it.