Twin Turbo LS RX-7 736whp on a BONE STOCK LS1

coltboostin

Big thanks to Erik@http://www.backstreetper.com/ for the super safe tune that I can beat on the car all day, every day, worry free! Car drives better than it did stock with a MAF

Video! From my buddies phone. There is some Go-Pro stuff he will try and get up soon. This was at around 12 psi. My excitement was from raising the boost with vacuum T's and having it hold steady till redline (yes, I forgot to bring a boost controler)

Car made 736/654 @ 202kpa (around 14.6 psi give or take)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn!!! Was waiting to see what kind of numbers this made but i am impressed! Especially for how cheap you put it together

Wait until I lift the skirt and leter' eat :p

So whens the sam vs jp race going down?

He's get me from a dig being auto-from a roll would be interesting. I have a lot of room left on the Jam knob but I know I am on borrowed time every pull above 15psi that I do-the Ls1 rods (I think) are among the thinnest in the stock LSx family.

Nice number JP, how does the car put the power down?

Like shit-I did some test hits when it was 45 yesterday and it would blow the tires off in 5th once it got over 10psi. Yes, 120mph burnouts. This is on a cold road with 255 street tires and stiff coil overs though-I expect it to hook well with 275 DR's and if not i will bolt the drag pac on. F it.

Damn you got more balls to push it than I do, I'm hoping for 850 through a 6.0 with a cam heads Intake with rod hints and head studs lol

I have a 6.0L in the garage I got for $100 as backup I will slowly set up with the "standard" studs/gasket/springs mod.

I know, I joined it ;)

LOL didn't see that coming!!! :) What is that going in?

Jesus...You make me want to finish my truck so bad.....I wish I could find a damn local Shop/Garage to rent with heat.....FML

Still have the shop down there? Can you mod at the house? Your build is straight nasty!

Nice! Sounds healthy

What fuel?

540@8psi was on piss winter 93 (let me tell you, the fuel SMELLS like shit-not sure whats in it, but I can see why people blow shit up on it)

14-15psi was a pump/cam 2 mix. Its a safe pump tune, but not worth the risk with a 100% stock motor.

LOL didn't see that coming!!! :) What is that going in?

Haha you are not alone in that regard my friend. Right now the plan is to put it in a Wrangler, our 4 year old absolutely loves lifted Jeeps and I have been secretly wanting to tinker with one of these motors for a while. After watching guys go 9's for next to nothing, it was a no brainer to join them. I have a soft spot for imports, but I don't see myself ever building another one.

I don't have plans to go real crazy with this one, just enough to get some 35's rotating. I do have plans to go stupid with a 5.3/6.0 later down the road in a different chassis though. Right now I am just trying to soak up as much info on these things as I can since I am in foreign land now.