ATT customers come on in, REFUND

Mojoe

AT&T Refunds Available

AT&T Mobility and the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, and Multi-State Attorneys General have agreed to a refund program for unauthorized charges from other companies that may have been placed on AT&T's wireless telephone bills during the period January 1, 2009, through October 8, 2014. For more information about the refund program and whether you may qualify, contact Epiq Systems (the FTC v. AT&T Claims Administrator) at 1.877.819.9692 or www.ftc.gov/att. You may also learn more by viewing the news releases about the settlement with AT&T, the Federal Trade Commission, the Federal Communications Commission, and the Multi-State Attorneys General at www.ftc.gov/att and www.fcc.gov.

This refund is for third party fees ATT customers may have been charged for things like, horoscope, weather, games, and many other things. The FCC is the one who will review your account for the charges, not ATT. The fastest way to file is through the link above. Calling them will only give you the info I just did. If you have an account with multiple lines, only submit for the one account. All associated lines will be checked for improper billing. This is separate from the FFC investigation currently going on for "throttling" of customers with unlimited data plans.

I know I have one line that has had this come up in the past. Will be submitting, just to have the account scrubbed to be sure I didn't miss anything.

I had some rotten spam company that got my number somehow and was sending me horoscope text messages, and started billing my account $10 a month. They had a "customer service" phone number listed in all their texts that, when called, just went to a dead end after several forwards and prompts.

I addressed it with AT&T immediately and had the charges removed. Then they did it again the following month, and I had to go back to AT&T again. After that it stopped.

No idea how people can get away with that kind of thing.