Wheel options for the FD

Mojoe

Almost every FD that I've seen has that same damn bumper. It looks like someone molded S2000 headlights to replace the turn signals. I don't understand why anyone would spend money to downgrade such a great look, but to each his own I guess.

I really like the SSR Type C's. But I'm a cheap ass and $580 per wheel is a new gun per corner to me.

I did a test look of some black chrome a couple years ago and they murdered out the car, but looked great. I would have bought them, but I need staggered for the fronts to be more narrow.

Don't bother with those SSR's, they bend if you look at them the wrong way.

Just try plastidipping the wheels, its cheap, and removable if you don't like it. I dipped the wheels on my old DD and it came out great.

Almost every FD that I've seen has that same damn bumper. It looks like someone molded S2000 headlights to replace the turn signals. I don't understand why anyone would spend money to downgrade such a great look, but to each his own I guess.

Thats just the updated "stock" bumper and turn lenses that were continued in Japan after they stopped selling the cars here in the states.

IMO, the best combination is the 93 front bumper with a 99 front lip.

Personally, if you want to go with a good wheel on a budget I don't think you can go wrong with the Enkei RPF1 or the 5Zigen FN01R-C on the FD.

+1 on the RPF1's but the set up you have looks great too.

Joe, I think if you got the wheel refinished and looking brand new you would be completely satisfied with them.

They really fit the car and its a style that you like. Two things that are generally hard to accomplish at the same time.

I know of at least one person that has been to wheel medic to both fix his bent rim and refinish them. He was happy with the final product. They have held up as well.

Thats my only first hand experience with getting wheels re-done.

Good luck.

Sounds like refinishing may be your best option. Of your price range and design requirements about the only option that makes sense are the FN-01 that we're suggested already.

http://www.rx7club.com/attachments/suspension-wheels-tires-brakes-20/267577d1195569010-5zigen-fn01-rcs-fd-rx710.jpg

There are a set of both 17" and 18" SSR Type-Cs with tires for sale on the forum for around $2200.