Credit Card points hackers.

SRTurbo04

paul have you checked to see if your discover account has a sales transfer/high value offer on it if you have one?

Come on, of course i did lol. I use my card daily so they NEVER send me any offer to use the card :lol:

I might as well start playing the im closing my account game to get a good offer.

Chase has the Southwest Rapid Rewards card offering a 50k sign up bonus when you spend 2k in the first 3 months.

99 fee not waived

That paired with the Sapphire Preferred gives you 90k bonus points after you transfer your 40k from the Sapphire to the Southwest.

Or here is a good article on getting both Southwest cards and potentially getting the companion pass.

If you could safely hit the spending limits on these 3 cards you would clear over 1200 in free travel.

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2012/06/12/extreme-savings-at-lowes/

http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.com/2013/09/18/extreme-savings-at-lowes-home-depot-sears/

Also read the related articles at the bottom. If you want to build points your best bet is Chase Ultimate Rewards. Start with a Freedom card, you can use the points for cash back. If you like to travel, then later get the Sapphire Preferred card so you can transfer those points to Southwest Airlines, Hyatt hotels and more. Make sure you hit the bonus categories every quarter on the Freedom card, its easy to do with buy gift cards that you can use anyway.