Local suppressor dealers?

copperhead

Want to get an AAC Ti-Rant 45 can. I know Blackwing is a dealer, Bullet Ranch and Gun Envy can both sell them but dunno if either have any stock. I saw Paul's Marine carries stuff but at high prices. Anywhere else I should look before I just order it from Silencer Shop?

I got a smoking deal on a Specwar 556 on Black Friday. 400 with the Flash hider. Sold the flash hider that day for 50.00. Net 350.00 for the can (plus tax on 400). I got it at Blackwing. They stock the ones they sell and they have always matched or beaten silencershop.com's price. AND, you can shoot it while it's in "jail".

In reality, I think Gunenvy already has low prices. If you don't care to shoot it while you wait I would give them my business. But, shooting it is a nice perk for me.

And finally, Most places charge between 50-200 (Gunenvy-Blackwing) to do an NFA transfer... SO, if you order a can from Silencershop.com and have it shipped to Blackwing (I believe) it is 200.00 for the transfer (and then 200 for the tax stamp obviously). 200.00 is negligible on a machinegun... but not on a suppressor.

Gunenvy charges 50... and I'm sure blackwing chargers 200 because you "can shoot it while it sits in jail".

I don't find the sense in having a suppressor transferred as most dealers should be within 50 bucks of the lowest price you can find online.

I got a smoking deal on a Specwar 556 on Black Friday. 400 with the Flash hider. Sold the flash hider that day for 50.00. Net 350.00 for the can (plus tax on 400). I got it at Blackwing. They stock the ones they sell and they have always matched or beaten silencershop.com's price. AND, you can shoot it while it's in "jail".

In reality, I think Gunenvy already has low prices. If you don't care to shoot it while you wait I would give them my business. But, shooting it is a nice perk for me.

And finally, Most places charge between 50-200 (Gunenvy-Blackwing) to do an NFA transfer... SO, if you order a can from Silencershop.com and have it shipped to Blackwing (I believe) it is 200.00 for the transfer (and then 200 for the tax stamp obviously). 200.00 is negligible on a machinegun... but not on a suppressor.

Gunenvy charges 50... and I'm sure blackwing chargers 200 because you "can shoot it while it sits in jail".

I don't find the sense in having a suppressor transferred as most dealers should be within 50 bucks of the lowest price you can find online.

This is the exact kind of info I was looking for, thanks. I think I'm going to hold out to see if there are any tax return sales since there has been in the past, but I'll certainly check them all out.

Of the places you've mentioned I prefer dealing with Gun Envy. Good people that are helpful and fair. But I still won't spend any more than I have to.

Only other thing I can comment on is to look at the Osprey instead of the AAC. My sights on all my guns line up with the top of the Osprey well enough that I don't need my sights to clear the can. Suppressor sights for the Glock when I looked were 160 instead of just 80 for a set of night sights.

I can't even get night sights for my CZ 75 to clear a can but my stock sights line up well enough that I didn't need them.

The amount of money you'd save on the AAC over the Osprey might not cover what you'll have to spend to get new sights on your gun(s).

Only other thing I can comment on is to look at the Osprey instead of the AAC. My sights on all my guns line up with the top of the Osprey well enough that I don't need my sights to clear the can. Suppressor sights for the Glock when I looked were 160 instead of just 80 for a set of night sights.

I can't even get night sights for my CZ 75 to clear a can but my stock sights line up well enough that I didn't need them.

The amount of money you'd save on the AAC over the Osprey might not cover what you'll have to spend to get new sights on your gun(s).

Can't take it apart for cleaning, correct? Pros and cons of this?

I was happy with Blackwing's service when I went there. They sell a lot of suppressors and have the paperwork down pretty well.

I wanted to be able to clean the suppressor so I went with the octane 45. As the inside gets literally caked with residue the noise reduction capabilities go down. However, after how many rounds that takes depends on if you shoot wet/dry, the ammo, the caliber, etc.