Cell phone choices

87GT

What cell phone would you buy and why if you were currently eligible to upgrade as of today? I currently have verizon and my contract is up. I am not sure if I want to change carriers since verizon always has signal. The only place it did not was in a cabin I rented in hocking hills but I am okay with that.

NOTE4 4 LYFE

The developer model or the normal locked bootloader model? I still currently use a note 2 and I like it but it is starting to crash and fail. I don't know if it is kitkat 4.4.4 or my hardware is finally failing on me.

Call me old fashion but I like my star tac

http://www.retrofones.com/image/cache/data/Motorola/Startac%2070%2085/motorola-startac-75-1-500x500.jpg

LOL

I remember my old StarTac...

I ran the gamut from getting the smallest phones back in the day, now I'm getting the biggest phones. Times have changed.

I thought Verizon was great until I left Ohio, and couldn't get a signal anywhere. I've never had a problem getting a signal with ATT.

No suggestions from me though, I always go for the $.99 phones (usually Nokia windows phones).

I love my HTC one M8. I upgraded from an iPhone 4s about a year ago and I have never looked back. I would highly recommended looking into the M8.

Other phones to think about if you want the best would be the Nexus 6, Note 4, or the G3. All very nice phones to get lollipop.

Say what you want about Apple, but a honorable mention would go to the iPhone 6 Plus imo because it really is a nice phone overall.

I thought Verizon was great until I left Ohio, and couldn't get a signal anywhere. I've never had a problem getting a signal with ATT.

No suggestions from me though, I always go for the $.99 phones (usually Nokia windows phones).

What states have you been in without signal? I've not had any issues when I've been on vacation with the exception of WV. But I at least have 1X in the mountains to make calls.

Att has greater west coast coverage than verizon. Verizon has greater east coast coverage.

I switched to att from Verizon in 2010 and I'm not looking back.

Att sold their towers to Verizon in the 80s for a reason.

I believe you. I've had zero problems in the big island of Hawaii, San Diego, Coronado Island, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Flagstaff, Albuquerque, and, Amarillo. Those are all larger cities so that maybe why I had awesome signal. I drove through Oklahoma and Missouri stopping at random places for food and no problems with signal. Also driving through Chicago where there are more windmills than people was fine. Being about 1 hour away from Wisconsin border and had awesome signal. I've been with Verizon since 2001 with tons of different phones and I really only had zero signal in a part of hocking hills. I am really looking for a good reason to switch to ATT or whoever else but I can't come up with one yet.