Snow predictions?

TTQ B4U

Please, that is a godsend.

Drove to Ohio School for the Deaf from Lancaster, top speed on 33 all the way to I-70 was....

Ready for it?

10 MPH.

Realistically, it was a 45 MPH kind of condition. Talk about road rage. I mean, seriously, if you're not comfortable driving in the snow, STAY HOME! Fucking idiots. If you MUST go to work, stay in the right fucking lane and let faster drivers by.

Agreeded x 1900. Drag race of 40 mph by two cars on 70 east causing a giant cluster fuck. One finally slowed more than the other and I made a break for it. 60 mph the rest of the way in to Wexner. This was at 0545 this AM.

Gotcha.

Some pics:

http://imgur.com/a/ptwhC

Sounds as though you might be better staying off the interstates when there's "weather," or perhaps, better yet, call-in sick.

When you've had over 40 years' worth of accident-free driving and drive >150 miles daily as I do, then I might take your criticism seriously. :p You need to drive within the limits of your equipment (e.g., snow tires) and your ability. If you can't do that safely in the flow of traffic, get somewhere where you can drive comfortably without impeding the flow.

I'm sure the person driving 40 mph today in the left lane of I-71 (which was wet, but not icy) felt he was just trying to "be safe." From my experience, there are times when trying to play it safe is the most dangerous thing you can do.

Sounds as though you might be better staying off the interstates when there's "weather," or perhaps, better yet, call-in sick.

When you've had over 40 years' worth of accident-free driving and drive >150 miles daily as I do, then I might take your criticism seriously. :p You need to drive within the limits of your equipment (e.g., snow tires) and your ability. If you can't do that safely in the flow of traffic, get somewhere where you can drive comfortably without impeding the flow.

I'm sure the person driving 40 mph today in the left lane of I-71 (which was wet, but not icy) felt he was just trying to "be safe." From my experience, there are times when trying to play it safe is the most dangerous thing you can do.

Congrats on your prolonged period of accident free driving. That is quite an achievement. All i'm saying is it only takes one person when everyone is driving too fast to cause a pile up like the one we saw in Michigan a few weeks ago. Some of those truck drivers likely have millions of miles under their belts and were still victims. The "Learn to drive, get out of my way" mentality in this state has gotten out of hand. Everybodys winter driving ability is different. Someone who just moved here from Florida or California obviously isn't going to feel comfortable blasting down the highway when its slick out. Staying home for some people just isn't an option. They have families to feed too.

Weaving in and out of traffic isn't exactly safe either.

If the roads were truly just wet, then that's different. What i saw on my commute from Dublin to Delaware was not just wet roads. Packed, rock hard snow is what i saw.