Home Addition

Thomas Aquinas

So I think we are starting to kick around the idea of putting on an addition this spring/summer. We've started asking friends for any builders they would recommend and trying to do some research on our own.

We live in Plain City if that matters.

Has anyone had an addition they put on and care to share who they used or would recommend?

Any advice is welcomed.

Thanks.

Do you have any drawings or any ideas of what you're thinking?

I am in the process of doing the same thing. I contacted an architecht and we drafted some drawings for a addition and garage. From there she helped me figure out all the permits I would need and thier budget. Now where I may be different is I am going to do a lot of the work myself, so I provided my plans to several lumber companies and such to get pricing on materials. I am still in that process of working on accurate pricing. Then I will have my budget and see when I can start!

As for builders, I know Sam on CR here owns his own construction company. He does a lot of room addition work for several builders. Obviously he is only doing the foundation work, however he would likely have some very good references for who you may want to try and get some estimates from.

My .02 is sketch up some basic drawings of what you think you want, or find and architect and get some drawings completed. Then present that to builders and see where the dollars fall.

Thanks for the replies.

I have Sam's number for the concrete work, I should probably give him a call.

I've heard of the Troyer's out in Plain City, from what I've gathered they are kinda pricey. I could be wrong, but I will get them to do a quote anyway. Are they related to Norm Troyer at all?

Never heard of Ron Winn, does he do pretty good work?

Thanks again guys.

i did a massive remodel and 2400sq ft addition to my house 1.5 years ago. it was costly as shit, stressful as shit, lasted over six months, and was one of the many things that led to the end of my marriage. seriously, picking out every god damn aspect of everything and reviewing the plans multiple times, remodeling the kitchen, adding brick/stone. i can almost vomit thinking about it.

but i have the house, its fucking awesome, two huge walk in closets, two offices, et etc.

Never heard of Ron Winn, does he do pretty good work?

Thanks again guys.

Yes and he has done all kinds of projects with all kinds of budgets too. He also owns Superior 1 Realty in Plain City. He will shoot you straight and could probably work some figures for you pretty easily. He just did a really nice 1000sq ft addition with a full basement for a friend of mine on 736. PM me for the home owners number if you want to hear about his experience.

Erik