Cayman GT4

AudiOn19s

Are you interested in replacing the GT3 with one? It doesn't sound like it from your post above.

nope...Love my GT3. Despite the power downgrade I'd consider a GT4 in place of the Turbo though. Doubt my wife will agree with my logic of it being a more "pure" sports car experience.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope...Love my GT3. Despite the power downgrade I'd consider a GT4 in place of the Turbo though. Doubt my wife will agree with my logic of it being a more "pure" sports car experience.

Id expect this car to be astonishing underrated to keep the 911 fanboys happy. The head of porsche GT cars Andreas Feininger said it would make at least 385 at 10,000 feet on a 40 degree Celsius day (paraphrasing of course).

Check out the interview.

His claim of the 7:40 ring time is quite bold with only a 385 crank hp car.

Id expect this car to be astonishing underrated to keep the 911 fanboys happy. The head of porsche GT cars Andreas Feininger said it would make at least 385 at 10,000 feet on a 40 degree Celsius day (paraphrasing of course).

Check out the interview.

His claim of the 7:40 ring time is quite bold with only a 385 crank hp car.

watched it several times. There are a few hints in there.

1) it's rated at 385 HP and stated to be detuned...but is it really???

2) It's a stretch but he hints at a possible manual transmission GT3 RS too.

7:40 is about right. 3.8 with more advanced variocam than my antiquated 11 year old car will have better torque than my car. 996 RS has lapped in the ring in 7:43 with 380hp. 997.1 GT3 is 7:40 flat with 415hp.

Depending on variables on the 3.8 it could be 400-430hp and just advertised as less.

911 fanboy-ism needs to die a fast but horribly torturous death. maybe this is the car to do it.

Honestly I actually like every car (not SUV) that Porsche has made and they all make the kind of practical European sense given the market parameters, something that is sometimes lost on an American buying market. 356 purists hated the first 911s, the early long nose 911 purists hated the plastic bumper cars, the aircooled 911 purists hated the water-cooled cars, water cooled 911 purists hated the boxster, Boxster fans hated the cayman, 911 purists hated the cayman, cayman owners hated the depreciation, the turbo guys hate the non-turbo cars, the sportscar purists hated the automatic transmission ones (ok, they may be right in this instance), the RWD guys hated the AWD cars, 911 round light purists hate the runny egg 996s etc..... Honestly I can't think of another car make (except maybe corvettes) that has the market cornered on douchebaggery like Porsche "enthusiasts" do.

• 1 month later...

Placed the order today.

Agate grey, black wheels, black accents.

PCCB

Leather/yellow stitching.

Carbon package.

Sport chrono

Navi

Carbon seats

No idea on a delivery date yet. Hopefully by the end of summer/ early fall.

A guy I work with ordered the new GT3 RS.. Gt silver - a few options and it was over 200 easy.

Edited by Buteo
Forgot the bucketsssss

Placed the order today.

Agate grey, black wheels, black accents.

PCCB

Leather/yellow stitching.

Carbon package.

Sport chrono

Navi

No idea on a delivery date yet. Hopefully by the end of summer/ early fall.

A guy I work with ordered the new GT3 RS.. Gt silver - a few options and it was over 200 easy.

No lightweight buckets? Makes the car!!!

Way out of my league but built one for fun and came out to 109k. Maybe someday...

True. Porsche is notorius for having a laundry list of expensive options. But that's also a good thing...some folks that want a track toy can get a naked gt4 with tons of gt3 goodies for under 85k.

Seems like this car is going to be quite rare. Allocations came last week...around 200 porsche dealers in the USA with only 298 cars to go around this time....with a rumored 300 or so for the next allocation.

Dealers that sold 918 get first dibs...luckily my dealer sold 3 and none of those guys want a GT4. So I'm in...July build August delivery.

Seems like this car is going to be quite rare. Allocations came last week...around 200 porsche dealers in the USA with only 298 cars to go around this time....with a rumored 300 or so for the next allocation.

Dealers that sold 918 get first dibs...luckily my dealer sold 3 and none of those guys want a GT4. So I'm in...July build August delivery.

Nice job !! what color and options are you getting