Car Audio Guys: 6.5 Component suggestions needed

AudiOn19s

'08 GMC 1500 Sierra - Crew Cab - Factory Bose system

Factory Bose system is OK but I'd like it to be better than OK. Actually at low volume the performance is decent but it's pretty typical "All Low's...must be Bose" when playing at increased volume. Middle gets muddled and top disappears.

The rest of the system aside, I'd like to hear some suggestions for 6.5 components (1" tweeter) for the front door / a-pillar location of the truck.

Catch is...for some reason the factory Bose system uses 2ohm 6.5's. I've found a million decent 4ohm sets but there's not a ton to choose from in 2ohm offerings, certainly not a ton at local sources I can go listen to and evaluate for myself.

Don't want to break the bank with Focal K2's...Don't want junk. Not changing out the factory head unit or factory Bose Amps. Want improved but not complicated

Based on limited research the leading candidates are:

- Image Dynamics CXS62

- RE Audio XXX6.5C

Little concerned the factory 75-100w output on the bose amp won't be enough for them despite being 2 ohm candidates.

so my research wasn't too shabby afterall?

Question. all of these component sets come with a crossover. Supposedly the factory amp has the crossover function built in. Will these sets still sound OK using the factory crossover instead of the one supplied with the speakers?

so my research wasn't too shabby afterall?

Question. all of these component sets come with a crossover. Supposedly the factory amp has the crossover function built in. Will these sets still sound OK using the factory crossover instead of the one supplied with the speakers?

Depends on the crossover point and slope.

Depends on the crossover point and slope.

Agreed....how much control do you want on the crossover? Are you wanting to separately control the tweeter, mid, sub output (Hz)

I would say do some research on the factory one and see how good it is...or maybe you just like a certain sound and want to dial down the highs a little...I think alot of it is preference.

You can always add a crossover later, if you hate the distribution of the factory one.

Edited by bmwohio