Is it time to stock up (more) on 223?

Dharris89

Won't happen.

I had heard earlier today from a guy that I consider "reliable" that its gonna happen. Then again. I hope it doesn't. He then told me about the post on TTAG and after reading the blog article I am convinced it's gonna happen by some shady tactic.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen several articles like this. Picking up opposition in the House. Hopefully there is some truth to this although I don't remember the ATF asking for input before the 7N6 was banned...

"Opposition from lawmakers can’t itself prevent the rule from being implemented, but the threat of legislation to reverse the rule may force the administration to put it on ice, perhaps permanently."

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/03/06/backdoor-bullet-ban-opposed-by-most-house-members

I had heard earlier today from a guy that I consider "reliable" that its gonna happen. Then again. I hope it doesn't. He then told me about the post on TTAG and after reading the blog article I am convinced it's gonna happen by some shady tactic.

Oh, I agree it will happen. But I don't see it lasting. They'll get bitch slapped in court.

Oh, I agree it will happen. But I don't see it lasting. They'll get bitch slapped in court.

You think Obama cares about how the process is supposed to work? He might just try to draft an executive order to find a way around it :dumb:

You think Obama cares about how the process is supposed to work? He might just try to draft an executive order to find a way around it :dumb:

In the real world.... the ATF has conceded to reason after listening to public comments and a bipartisan push from congress.

I'm sure this won't stop anyone from bunching their own panties in the future, though.

In the real world.... the ATF has conceded to reason after listening to public comments and a bipartisan push from congress.

I'm sure this won't stop anyone from bunching their own panties in the future, though.

Yeah the ATF has been getting absolutely blasted from congress, although the NRA is probably sad this will cost them a boatload of new members.

Either way, it's good news. At least for now.

Wow. This is good news! Very surprising result.

New ban on AR15 rifles - fail

Attack on business funding for gun retailers and manufacturers - partial fail

Ban on popular ammo for AR15 - fail

Wonder what their next move will be? Universal Background checks/National Gun registry? I doubt that could happen either if they aren't even willing to stick their necks out to ban the M855 ammo.

Wow. This is good news! Very surprising result.

New ban on AR15 rifles - fail

Attack on business funding for gun retailers and manufacturers - partial fail

Ban on popular ammo for AR15 - fail

Wonder what their next move will be? Universal Background checks/National Gun registry? I doubt that could happen either if they aren't even willing to stick their necks out to ban the M855 ammo.

They tried that. - fail