My love affair with Land Rover continues

Lauren

just my unwanted tarnished 2 pennys but....those late model headlights really look like they are trying too hard. The early square old plain boring headlights remind you that this is somewhat of a utensil, appliance, swiss army knife. You want more lighting? get 5 marchal round driving lights with white covers and the kitty cat logo and install those.

The off road bumper does look great though. Again reminds you it's supposed to be a tool, even if you are mall crusin.

It's a land rover - where are the too aggressive knobbies and the scratches from all the tree branches and brush you are foraging through? It's even army green!!! get some driving lights, some tires you need to shout to be heard off of, a whip antenna, a hardcore roof rack that can hold a Volkswagen, and then some exotic animal kill stickers for the door.

I've always liked Disco's but the 3 people close to me that had one or two always had a ridic amount of problems (granted, none of them were DIY car people). I remember my roommate had one leased around 2001 and I borrowed it to run some errands. I grabbed the rear door/hatch handle by the license plate and it crumbled in my hands. I sh!t you not, less than 3 years and 36k miles, and this metal handle totally rusted through.

Exactly why I always pass on them. Many moons ago I worked at a LR dealership-and even new they were the most unreliable cars I have ever seen. Everything from Head Gaskets, to Window regulators were considered "regular maintenance"

Always Loved the look of them though.

Edited by coltboostin

Exactly why I always pass on them. Many moons ago I worked at a LR dealership-and even new they were the most unreliable cars I have ever seen. Everything from Head Gaskets, to Window regulators were considered "regular maintenance"

These love to eat headgaskets.

I passed on picking steps colt back up because I only have a Range Rover to tow it with, Don't trust it towing anything long distance and its only a few years old :lolguy:

I remember when these were new, my friend bought one and we took it off roading the day he bought it. The thing slide down a huge hill right into a tree, the whole rear panel was toast. It had to be driven through tons of bushes and trees to get out, the whole thing was scratched on every surface with a massive dent and cracked tail light it's first day. It blew the headgaskets before 50k miles. The good ole days of not caring

I remember when these were new, my friend bought one and we took it off roading the day he bought it. The thing slide down a huge hill right into a tree, the whole rear panel was toast. It had to be driven through tons of bushes and trees to get out, the whole thing was scratched on every surface with a massive dent and cracked tail light it's first day. It blew the headgaskets before 50k miles. The good ole days of not caring

I dunno, these things seem cheap enough now that it is almost like you can run through them like potato chips without care. Buy $3K Disco, run it into trees, brush, and large land mammals till it won't run anymore - then part it out on ebay, send the rest to the yard, buy another $3K Disco, rinse, repeat. just don't rely on it as a primary car.

Knock on wood mine so far has been flawless. But your thought process is spot on.

However I found a company in Australia that has the adapter plate and hardware to bolt in a LS1, sooooooooo when my head gaskets do go it will be getting a swap. Exterior and interior styling plus LSX potential is a no brainier.

• 4 weeks later...

Lots of updates I'll post pictures later this weekend.

Hood blackout

Suede headliner

04 roof rack rails(much beefier)

Starting facelift headlight conversion.

Installed new headunit and converting all interior lights to blue led's