Anyone have insight or work at a subaru dealer?

ecc_33

Looking at a 2015 Subaru outback 2.5I limited for the wife. The dealer said if we ordered one which would take 2 months it would be way cheaper than msrp. He said since you are ordering one there is no competition on the buyers side because you ordered it and its not setting on the lot. The car I spec'd out on line was 36,500. He said if we ordered it without tax and tile would be 33k. Said that there was no wiggle room on the price. If you order a car from Subaru its the cars list price plus 250 for freight and BS over list. Sounds like a sales pitch to me but was the first Subaru dealer I've been to. Anyone have any insight on this? Sounds like BS to me. I would think there would still be wiggle room in the price. Maybe not though. Edited by ecc_33
tryin to clean my post up.

not to hijack but....Does anyone know about the Subaru VIP program? I'm eligible for the program (must be an employee of a Subaru Business Partner). I've seen places where it is 2% off of MSRP and others where it is 2% off of dealer invoice. Also does it apply to cars ordered? can it apply to left overs to get a better deal than a left over already is?

Wife has been making noises that she wants a manual trans crosstrek next year when her audi is paid off.

not to hijack but....Does anyone know about the Subaru VIP program? I'm eligible for the program (must be an employee of a Subaru Business Partner). I've seen places where it is 2% off of MSRP and others where it is 2% off of dealer invoice. Also does it apply to cars ordered? can it apply to left overs to get a better deal than a left over already is?

Wife has been making noises that she wants a manual trans crosstrek next year when her audi is paid off.

PM'd

Well shit. Bought one last night and didn't know anyone from this forum was in sales at a Subaru dealer. Got a 2015 limited carbide gray outback loaded down :D. Should be in some time in april. MSRP was 35,684. Got them down to 32,700. I felt it was a good deal and jumped the gun. Excited to set in the leather seats playin with the nice nav unit! Thanks to all that replied.

This is our 2015 just after the fronts were tinted. We skipped the limited because of the dog and leather. Got a loaded premium for $29,xxx with the VIP program. This thing is awesome. You will love yours.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l284/dsnowgod/153D1308-F1FB-4177-B511-BFAAB7EC56FE_zpsspkjsrbq.jpg