Range gas line question.

iwashmycar

So I was debating moving my range over to another wall of the kitchen...adjacent to where it is now. Kicker is the gas line is in the corner currently connected by a typical 4' hook up kit. It looks like they dont make a 6 foot one...is there a good reason for that (demand vs safety?)

Can two 4' lines be connected together?

I made this quick sketch of what I mean. I just want to rotate the thing 90 degrees to that other wall, but the line would have to go down and around that corner. Dont worry about the aesthetics..I have that covered.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a299/iwashmycar/68C1CEAD-650A-4D13-AC04-A7DFD8A3869A_zpsfo5otfws.jpg

TIA

Finally found some info right after posting this (go figure). Obviously hooking up more than one in a row is a no-no...and they cannot be reused anyway...so unless I find one new 5 or 6 foot connector it is staying put...I dont think they sell them that long. If they do it looks like they are like $300!

I'm not sure of code ...

Can you access the underside of the floor and move the gas line easily? A lot of places now have flex lines that might be easy to drill another hole in the floor and bring it up in a different position.

Also, you might be able to unscrew the line from the fitting coming through the floor, screw an elbow on and then run black iron pipe down the wall above the floor to the corner, then attach your flex line to that. I assume a hard pipe run (even exposed) would not violate code.

Code and safe aren't always the same thing, if its not getting inspected who cares so long as it's safe? If you want to move the stove then move it, make sure you're new parts don't leak (easily done with a little soapy water) and move on with life.

I can get underneath easily...Just a matter of not wanting to drill another big hole in the floor. I suppose if I can get a proper fitting from the "permanent" type CSST to the stove then I could essentially make my own slightly longer 'hook up' pipe. I'll have to see what the stores have in that regard.