FREE - non working stailess steel Whirlpool side by side fridge

bucd

Anyone wants to pick this up for parts? It's only a little over 3 years old. Super clean. I think it's compressor. Feel like such a waste if they just haul it away. This way if someone can use parts or something, it will make me feel better. haha.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/app/4906192604.html

Going to have Sears haul it away if no one wants. Maybe you have same model and need parts from it? Ice maker works, condition of front doors are great.

Let me know.

Pick up in Worthington area.

Not sure when Sears is going to deliver my new fridge yet. Have to go pay for it tonight.

thanks,

-D

Edited by bucd

I want to say someone pays for old fridges if u look It up I think the pick them up and pay you for them

The only ones i've found it has to be working. AEP, First Energy, etc.

If you know of one, please let me know. :)

thanks,

-D

AEP gave me $60 for my old fridge. When the guys came to pick it up I asked them if they wanted to verify that it worked and they didn't care if it worked or not. They cut the power cord off, loaded it up and gave me a receipt for it. I would recommend giving them a call.

Yup, it's hit or miss. I am 1/2 so far- one dude made me prove it worked (luckily it did) and the other didn't make me. Plus the last one took almost a month for them to come get it. Sucked pretty bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Update, this is available again. It is definitely the compressor, I had it diagnosed by a fridge mechanic. It's locked up and unsalvageable. That part runs $250 online+ $40 for a line kit and is pretty fucking hard to install (you have to recharge the refrigerant, solder in all new lines, etc). It's yours if you want it, but this fridge working is selling for around $400 on CL, so I'm not even going to fuck with it. For what it's worth, that guy will put the compressor in for $125, but do the math...it's not worth it.

I am scheduling with AEP now, which means if it isn't gone by the weekend it'll go to them.

If you want pics, text me at 614-309-2158