1st gun acquired: HK USP

Das Borgen

Congrats on picking up your first handgun. Take your time and do things slow while you learn it. How you handle your first gun creates good habits, or the ones you need to break.

Yes what this guy said. When I first starting shooting pistols I didn't pull the trigger correctly and I always shot to the left. I just got used to aiming a little to the right until it was second nature. It wasn't until I took a class that they taught me the correct way to pull the trigger. I had to relearn and it was bitch :mad:

Ah, the Hogue grip. Every new pistol owners first mod. It'll eventually find its way into the trash can if you shoot it enough.

Nice gun, though. Always liked the USPs. (Just not as much as Glock...)

hmmm.... Any particular reason?

I've fired my buddy's with it and I quite loved it.. no more than a 100 rds I'd say. I've only dry fired mine and my hands are fairly big, so I didn't like the grip in that scenario

hmmm.... Any particular reason?

I've fired my buddy's with it and I quite loved it.. no more than a 100 rds I'd say. I've only dry fired mine and my hands are fairly big, so I didn't like the grip in that scenario

You're an engineer right? More torque = more muzzle flip. So, the higher you can choke up on the gun, the less torque it has on you. Those grips prevent getting a good high grip on the gun. No serious competition shooter runs them. That should tell you something.

But, if you like it, use it.