Vehicle Shipping?

truckin

Looking at having a truck shipped from WA state back to OH and looking for some reputable names. Any experience with companies is helpful. I'm not in a huge rush to get it back it'll be at my Brother in Laws house so I'm flexible on time. Open carrier is fine.

Also has anyone used U Ship It for such a thing?

Please God use the search tool, this comes up almost once a month

Many people have used many different sources not 1 stands out as a overall pick. Call around check prices and quality and pick the best you think

Used these guys to move the CTS-V from CA to OH. One trailer, no shuffling. Great service. Check out their website at the bottom for an online quote generating tool that was very handy. They're a broker, so they'll ask what level of shipment you'd like (covered, open, quick, etc...) and they did a great job. :thumbup::thumbup:

Quicken Auto Transport, LLC

Chris DeFilippis

Transport Coordinator

Toll Free: 855-859-4862

Local: 813-445-8848 X141

Mobile: 813-759-3103

cdefilippis@quickenautotransport.com

http://www.quickenautotransport.com

Used these guys to move the CTS-V from CA to OH. One trailer, no shuffling. Great service. Check out their website at the bottom for an online quote generating tool that was very handy. They're a broker, so they'll ask what level of shipment you'd like (covered, open, quick, etc...) and they did a great job. :thumbup::thumbup:

Chris DeFilippis

Transport Coordinator

Thanks Clay! I appreciate it

• 2 weeks later...

Chris DeFilippis

Transport Coordinator

Late to the party but used Chris and Quicken for a CA to Cbus trip as well and was very pleased.

Don't use the U-Ship-It online quote tool unless you want to be harassed for months from shipping companies.

I handle cargo claims where I work and a lot of what I handle are these car hauler guys. My best advice is go with a broker who will take care of you if something does happen to the car (these are generally the larger companies, I believe Quicken is one of the better ones). And please please PLEASE check the car over well (I'm talking every inch, with a flashlight if you have to) when it is delivered and get a signed bill of lading. If they try to rush you and leave, don't get caught in that trap. Unfortunately if you notice damage after the transporter has delivered the car and left, you have very little chance of getting it taken care of.

Honestly after my experience handling claims for people who get their cars shipped by some less than reputable carriers, I've decided I'll never ship a car unless there is no possible alternative. But I also only see the bad side of the business so I could be biased.