2JZ No Shizzz, school me

STEVE-O

Looking for a daily and came across a very clean swapped gs300

http://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-classifieds/1771935-fs-ft-twin-turbo-2jz-swapped-lexus-gs.html

Question I have is I really don't know what these truly go for or how common they are. I haven't found many swapped and none as clean.

Do you think it is worth his asking price also being a Texas car? More ? Less? And why? I think this could be a great fun daily and given the quality of the swap ( as it appears from what I can see) shouldn't have issues outside of anything that would normally be a problem

What's your plan for it if purchased? Leave It as is or mod it?

It's a very clean swap. Not a bad price but I would get to get it or less obviously. I would say in the 8-9k ballpark is more then fair.

The jdm motor has some different things (turbos, vvti and injector size) that is different and is limiting compared to US engines.

What's your plan for it if purchased? Leave It as is or mod it?

It's a very clean swap. Not a bad price but I would get to get it or less obviously. I would say in the 8-9k ballpark is more then fair.

The jdm motor has some different things (turbos, vvti and injector size) that is different and is limiting compared to US engines.

I've got him down into the 8-9 range problem is also adding tax at that rate is going to be another $500 and cheapest way would be shipping the car here va flying and driving but that's another $500-600 as well so even at we will say 8 I'm back up to 9k without being able to out my hands on the car before I buy it.

Plans would be to keep it stupid simple and daily it with maybe just a simple intake exhaust and a tune is it. Nothing modded out just a decently fun daily

$7500-$8000 would be my top dollar. VVTi is nifty but you cant tune those ECU's so you'd have to go standalone. All this thing is, is basically a LHD Aristo for arguements sake. You arent gonna get much more boost out of it as 1 bar is fuel cut and the defender doesn't do much. It also doesn't have working cruise control.

He won't take 7500 i tried that first if I didn't have to factor in transportation it would be much easier. I also was not aware of the limits of these specific motors so im really glad I asked about before I bought it

VVTi is nifty but you cant tune those ECU's so you'd have to go standalone. All this thing is, is basically a LHD Aristo for arguements sake. You arent gonna get much more boost out of it as 1 bar is fuel cut and the defender doesn't do much. It also doesn't have working cruise control.

Be Grant: know a lot about running parameters of Toyota engines, own Toyota engine that doesn't run. :gabe:

Dude! Why didn't I get a call on this? Let me know if you need to arrange shipping on it

I haven't been able to work him down to what I felt was comfortable price yet. I would take it at $7500 and trying to weigh the options and want at $8000 but he is solid holding out just above that for now. But joe txt me whenever you can with what it would cost to ship through you

Pretty badass. Any movement on this Steve? Would be sweet to see this thing here in CBUS.

Good luck!

-D

We can not agree on a comfortable price for me to pull the trigger, if I didn't have to pay for shipping or transportation to get it here it would probably be easier... However pics of the new car will be coming to a cr near you in a week or less hopefully. Just have to get the paperwork and everything done :)