MHP

Shmaa

I found a name associated with them, Andrew Cluck.

http://www.benzboost.com/content.php?3505-The-final-nail-in-the-MHP-(Modern-Horsepower-Andrew-Cluck)-tuner-coffin-MHP-business-done-MHP-M156-63-AMG-records-actually-belong-to-another-tuner

Who knows if the story's true or not, but every tuner community has a guy like this who passes off someone else's work as their own. Seems like it'd be best to steer clear.

He managed to ruin his own reputation in the Benz community and got banned from all of the forums. Rumors of his tunes blowing up motors to stealing tunes from other companies and a whole other slew of drama.

I know a couple people who know and like him but I always thought it best to stay away from a business perspective.

Interesting. They seem to have some deal with ARH to produce longtubes. Apparently some of the best ones on the market for the C63.

Seems like most of the faster cars are running their headers and tune.

Conflicted for now...

Quickest C63 AMG (Naturally Aspirated)

01: 10.789 @ 131.08 MPH (1.587 60') - dodger63, 2010 C63 (Maryland Intl. Raceway, MD USA) - Timeslip

Mods: MHP V4 Tune (100 Octane), MHP Headers, MHP Exhaust, evosport Rotors, KW V3 Coilovers, Braille Battery, CCW Skinnies, 17" Hoosier DRs, Sparco Evo 3 Seat, CF Hood/Trunk

02: 10.911 @ 127.68 MPH (1.620 60') - Dads C63, 2009 C63 (Maryland Intl. Raceway, MD USA) - Timeslip

Mods: MHP V4 Tune (100 Octane), MHP Headers, MHP Exhaust, MHP Heads, RENNtech Airbox, evosport Rotors, Braille Battery, HRE Skinnies, 17" Hoosier DRs, Technocraft Seat, CF Hood/Roof/Trunk

03: 11.150 @ 125.39 MPH (1.763 60') - SALES@OETUNING, 2011 C63 (Sacramento Raceway, CA USA) - Timeslip

Mods: OE Tuning Stg 2 Tune (91 Octane), Gintani Headers, Gintani Exhaust, 18" Nitto DRs

04: 11.199 @ 125.51 MPH (1.660 60') - mthis, 2008 C63 (Atco Raceway, NJ USA) - Timeslip

Mods: MHP V3 Tune (93 Octane), MHP Headers, 18" Nitto DRs

05: 11.415 @ 123.24 MPH (1.720 60') - PetroC63, 2010 C63 (Atco Raceway, NJ USA) - Timeslip

Mods: MHP V3 Tune (93 Octane), MBH Headers, RENNtech Airbox, 18" Nitto DRs, CF Hood/Trunk

06: 11.463 @ 122.43 MPH (1.769 60') - 2010c63amg, 2010 C63 (Maryland Intl. Raceway, MD USA) - Timeslip & Video

Mods: MHP V3 Tune (93 Octane), MHP Headers, CCW Skinnies, 18" MT DRs

Read more: http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/382912-official-mbworld-org-quickest-c63-1-4-mile-list-post-your-timeslips-here.html#ixzz3U8KpnrhB

Interesting. They seem to have some deal with ARH to produce longtubes. Apparently some of the best ones on the market for the C63.

Seems like most of the faster cars are running their headers and tune.

Conflicted for now...

Quickest C63 AMG (Naturally Aspirated)

01: 10.789 @ 131.08 MPH (1.587 60') - dodger63, 2010 C63 (Maryland Intl. Raceway, MD USA) - Timeslip

Mods: MHP V4 Tune (100 Octane), MHP Headers, MHP Exhaust, evosport Rotors, KW V3 Coilovers, Braille Battery, CCW Skinnies, 17" Hoosier DRs, Sparco Evo 3 Seat, CF Hood/Trunk

02: 10.911 @ 127.68 MPH (1.620 60') - Dads C63, 2009 C63 (Maryland Intl. Raceway, MD USA) - Timeslip

Mods: MHP V4 Tune (100 Octane), MHP Headers, MHP Exhaust, MHP Heads, RENNtech Airbox, evosport Rotors, Braille Battery, HRE Skinnies, 17" Hoosier DRs, Technocraft Seat, CF Hood/Roof/Trunk

03: 11.150 @ 125.39 MPH (1.763 60') - SALES@OETUNING, 2011 C63 (Sacramento Raceway, CA USA) - Timeslip

Mods: OE Tuning Stg 2 Tune (91 Octane), Gintani Headers, Gintani Exhaust, 18" Nitto DRs

04: 11.199 @ 125.51 MPH (1.660 60') - mthis, 2008 C63 (Atco Raceway, NJ USA) - Timeslip

Mods: MHP V3 Tune (93 Octane), MHP Headers, 18" Nitto DRs

05: 11.415 @ 123.24 MPH (1.720 60') - PetroC63, 2010 C63 (Atco Raceway, NJ USA) - Timeslip

Mods: MHP V3 Tune (93 Octane), MBH Headers, RENNtech Airbox, 18" Nitto DRs, CF Hood/Trunk

06: 11.463 @ 122.43 MPH (1.769 60') - 2010c63amg, 2010 C63 (Maryland Intl. Raceway, MD USA) - Timeslip & Video

Mods: MHP V3 Tune (93 Octane), MHP Headers, CCW Skinnies, 18" MT DRs

Read more: http://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w204/382912-official-mbworld-org-quickest-c63-1-4-mile-list-post-your-timeslips-here.html#ixzz3U8KpnrhB

Most of those so called "RECORD" runs were done at MIR or ATCO which are known for weather and conditions. Pretty much add .3-.5+ to any of those runs and you might run that somewhere else.

Based on that one thread alone, I wouldn't spend a penny in that guys shop. Run to one of other shops that have been around much longer and continue to be around... ;)

He managed to ruin his own reputation in the Benz community and got banned from all of the forums. Rumors of his tunes blowing up motors to stealing tunes from other companies and a whole other slew of drama.

I know a couple people who know and like him but I always thought it best to stay away from a business perspective.

Wiggs of the Benz world?

Yup, personal experience

I've met this guy and hey gave me a super weird vibe. He talked about his tunes abut when i started talking tuning to him he was clueless. I was out in a CTS-V I was tuning and he was in a white MB talking big game.

I've met this guy and hey gave me a super weird vibe. He talked about his tunes abut when i started talking tuning to him he was clueless. I was out in a CTS-V I was tuning and he was in a white MB talking big game.

Was it this one:

http://www.benzboost.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18103&d=1339787451

According to some forum posts he screwed that guy out of some money. All hearsay coming from me though, I just read the one thread.

Most of those so called "RECORD" runs were done at MIR or ATCO which are known for weather and conditions. Pretty much add .3-.5+ to any of those runs and you might run that somewhere else.

Based on that one thread alone, I wouldn't spend a penny in that guys shop. Run to one of other shops that have been around much longer and continue to be around... ;)

I looked up the DA on one of those runs a while back. -1500 lol. It's usually around 900-2000 in Xenia. I Don't really care about the times though, they are making good power 470-490whp with those headers and tune.

Not many options in the way of custom tunes for these so it would be nice to have someone local (who is reputable)

Those headers look amazing! Just get them somewhere else.

I don't think that is possible. It sounds like American Racing Headers has an agreement to sell only through MHP. I sent ARH and email and got a response from MHP below...

Thank you for inquiring regarding the MBW AR/MHP C63 LT Header Group Buy.

Please respond with name, shipping address and phone for a shipping quote and final pricing.

Attached are pictures of the system, which includes all clamps and 02 extensions necessary for install. The system is 100% bolt-on and carries a Lifetime Warranty on all parts and workmanship. We use 100% U.S. 304 and 316 Stainless Steel with 316 argon backpurged TIG welds, as well as high velocity cone/spike merge collectors. Our 4 into 1 design makes the most HP and TQ and has allowed for the quickest and fastest header/tune C63 ET/Traps since we began making them 6 years ago. Please see Kent Leach’s record pass on dragtimes (AMGFTW on MBWorld) at Edgewater in Cincinnati, OH in +593’ DA, 11.18@125+ with 283lb driver: http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Timeslip-24079.html

A few videos of our LTs and X pipe on various C63s around the world:

Burnout:

S2 (MHP ECU + LTs/X) vs Lamborghini Aventador:

C63BS around U.K.:

Additional information and pictures, videos, vbox charts and dynos are viewable via the attached PDF pages 9-21.

Please let us know if you require any additional information or are ready to order.

Best Regards,

Michael Wells, Sales

Modern Horsepower LLC

michael@modernhorsepower.com

D: 614.940.9523

F: 614.985.0166

I looked up the DA on one of those runs a while back. -1500 lol. It's usually around 900-2000 in Xenia. I Don't really care about the times though, they are making good power 470-490whp with those headers and tune.

Not many options in the way of custom tunes for these so it would be nice to have someone local (who is reputable)

I agree just based on his posts on a few other forums his holly grail is the fastest times. Everything he markets is fastest times but no one else has backed up his claims anywhere else.

I agree just based on his posts on a few other forums his holly grail is the fastest times. Everything he markets is fastest times but no one else has backed up his claims anywhere else.

Your name looks familiar, were you on cincystreetscene or SRD? I just noticed in that email they mentioned Kent Leach, which I believe was whitedime on css. Looks like he turned some good times as well at E20.

Someone from mbworld that lives in cincy bought the headers and is about to get tuned by them in cbus tomorrow so I am curious to see how that goes. Based on the feedback from here though I'm not too keen on working with this guy.

Was it this one:

http://www.benzboost.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18103&d=1339787451

According to some forum posts he screwed that guy out of some money. All hearsay coming from me though, I just read the one thread.

No it was a 4 door. I'll be honest I'd stay away from his tunes. He's not tuning these cars himself thats for damn sure.