Drag Radial Record

wagner

That was a rocket ship on rails.

Question...What are they spraying into the big intake scoop after the burnout....and any clue what the vent with the smoke/steam is right in front of the wing on the drivers side?

That was a rocket ship on rails.

Question...What are they spraying into the big intake scoop after the burnout....and any clue what the vent with the smoke/steam is right in front of the wing on the drivers side?

I forget what the exact stuff is in the can, but from what I understand on blower cars that is done to keep things from icing over.

That is the steam vent and it has something to do with how those engines operate. Its sort of like a relief valve type deal. On these screw blowers they all blow off a little because of the motor.

Ray's car has one where the radio antenna used to be, if you see anything come out of that on a turbo car bad things are about to happen.

I forget what the exact stuff is in the can, but from what I understand on blower cars that is done to keep things from icing over.

That is the steam vent and it has something to do with how those engines operate. Its sort of like a relief valve type deal. On these screw blowers they all blow off a little because of the motor.

Ray's car has one where the radio antenna used to be, if you see anything come out of that on a turbo car bad things are about to happen.

Yup. It's de-icer in a aerosol can. Alcohol can (likely won't) freeze when going down the track at the speeds they run, which on a hat would lock the blades and the throttle.

Believe the stuff in the air is crank case pressure being relived by a vented catch can. If so, that's a ton of pressure.