.223 Rem "Long Range" Gun

Radio Flyer1647545514

Looking at .223 because I can't afford to shoot .308. Also looking for a bolt but could be swayed if there was a good enough reason. I'll mostly use this as a bench gun shooting steel and paper.

I'm mainly looking at a CZ 527 Kevlar Varmint. It can be had for around 700, if I can find one. H-S precision stock, 1:9 twist CHF barrel, Single Set Trigger, Fully Adjustable standard trigger to 2.5lbs *I think. Mini Mauser action.

I've also looked at Sako. I feel the only pro to Sako is the 1:8 twist for heavier ammo. The money saved with the CZ goes to optics.

I've looked at building an AR but, it got expensive really fast.

I've also been told to look at the MVP.

Anyone have any experience with any of these or have any other suggestions?

I use a savage model 12, with a nikon predator special BDC reticle scope, good bypod.

i use 55 gr. hornady v-max with 25.5 gr or vargate. it's a heavy rig, 12+ lb. but it hits stuff that it is aimed at.

Longest groundhog kill so far is 365 yards. It has killed a golfball at 200yds and shoots sub-1MOA groups.

In rare instances that this gun misses, it's always my fault.

I'm a big fan of CZ rifles but you should have a 1:8 twist for accurate long range (250+yds.) shooting in that caliber. You'll want to stick with the 62gr. and longer bullets.

Thanks, this is the info I'm looking for.

I want to use all of briar rabbits 400 yards and then some more.

The Mossberg MVP Thunder ranch is a very capable gun with a lot of bells/whistles.

External magazine fed, Threaded, Fluted, Adj. Trigger, and it comes in OD Green. For 550-600 you cannot beat it.

You will have great success at Briar Rabbit. Further than that you should have consistent hits to 800y if you are using good ammo. Well, Put it this way. My Bull barrel AR15 goes nuts deep to 675 with cheap PMC 55g plinking ammo. You should have no issues getting to 800. Maybe further?

I also have a couple scopes I can sell you. PM me