Local Shop That Does Torque Converter Service

wagner

I need to get the billet faced Circle D converter in my car tightened up, like a bunch. Is there a good local shop that can do this? I know of a place up on BFE outside of Mt Vernon my dad uses, but if I can find a good shop in the Columbus metro area I will use them.

I don't want a place that will have a slow turnaround time either.

Just don't go too far the other way, it flashes to about 5k rpms, we just need it to flash to about 4k. That's probably just making it about a 3400-3500 stall assuming the efficiency doesn't change.

Do you want me to call Circle D?

Just don't go too far the other way, it flashes to about 5k rpms, we just need it to flash to about 4k. That's probably just making it about a 3400-3500 stall assuming the efficiency doesn't change.

Do you want me to call Circle D?

I was doing some research this morning and those ranges seem to be close. Lots of people were going with the Yank 3600-3800 stalls.

If you get a chance give them a call, or I can shoot him an e-mail if you send all the original specs of the converter to me.

I was doing some research this morning and those ranges seem to be close. Lots of people were going with the Yank 3600-3800 stalls.

If you get a chance give them a call, or I can shoot him an e-mail if you send all the original specs of the converter to me.

It's simply a Circle D 5c single disk lock-up off the shelf converter.

Quick draw can normally do one week turn around if you call him and let him know your time line.

Jason is a great guy to deal with.

I just now realized Quick Draw is the guy who does my dad's stuff. I might give him a call and see what's up. Circle D quoted me over $250 to tighten the converter plus shipping.

I just now realized Quick Draw is the guy who does my dad's stuff. I might give him a call and see what's up. Circle D quoted me over $250 to tighten the converter plus shipping.

He is around $150-175 shipped to restall last I used him.

Sent one up for a friend last year. He got it on a Friday and shipped it back out on Monday after telling him the time line we was looking for.

He is around $150-175 shipped to restall last I used him.

Sent one up for a friend last year. He got it on a Friday and shipped it back out on Monday after telling him the time line we was looking for.

Oh wow, I will hit him up then.

Let me know how it goes.

Well he got back to me and quoted me $170 to change the stall. I asked him a couple other questions and as soon as I hear back I think I'm going to go with Jason.

He seems to really know his stuff and is very nice.

Well he got back to me and quoted me $170 to change the stall. I asked him a couple other questions and as soon as I hear back I think I'm going to go with Jason.

He seems to really know his stuff and is very nice.

Good deal. Hope it all works out