FS: 2007 Subaru STI w/ 29,634 miles

BigOxley

sti17.JPG

Asking $25k

Not sure how much interest there would be on here, but here it goes.

One owner, no accidents, non-smoker, no winters, garage kept. Clean interior, body has only minor issues. Previously built but now mostly stock.

Link to pics:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/115065640554432454499/albums/6113624093753365249

Selling to pay down my mortgage (Boooooo)

PM with any questions.

Edited by BigOxley
lower price

dude drove 3.5 hours from Michigan to say i'll think about it.

still for sale

Probably just hanging around thinking you're gonna call him with a lower price. :lol: if not that guys reallll dumb.

Probably just hanging around thinking you're gonna call him with a lower price. :lol: if not that guys reallll dumb.

Oh absolutely.

In car sales, especially private sales "I'll think about it" means "I don't wanna pay that but I'm not a good enough negotiator to tell you what I'd be willing to pay".

His Dad, who drove down with him, was the "bad cop." (I'm guessing co-signer too) started whining about the car being a Stage 1 tuned car. My tuner, who I probably could've had there in two minutes, would have been happy to answer any questions.

Oh, well. On to the next one.

His Dad, who drove down with him, was the "bad cop." (I'm guessing co-signer too) started whining about the car being a Stage 1 tuned car.

LOL I guarantee if they'd decided to buy they would've handed you a pre-approval letter from the bank and said "yeah uh you'll get your money soon."

• 1 month later...

Kbb puts it 26-28k. Nada is a lot lower. Dealers list similar condition cars 28k-29k. On autotrader, it's the lowest priced clean-titled sub 30k mile STI in the country (with the same engine tech as 2015s!)

I've had several offers, maybe 10 or so. Most were too low, all $20k or over. financing is the issue for guys that really wanted the car.

Edit: saw some ghost posts before this one. appreciate the input.

turned down "$23,000 cash this weekend" from a guy in Virginia. new guy in Lexington, KY seems promising.

GLWS! Unfortunately finding financing on older cars is still quite painful

thanks, i think you guys need a shop STI!

• 1 month later...
New buyer enters the ring with a deposit. Who says the Chinese economy is doing poorly? (he's a chinese grad student)

sale pending

When I get Chinese student customers I always know it's a good day. There will be language barriers. There will be strange questions. But at the end of the day, they are no-nonsense negotiators, they don't lie, and they never have any trouble paying.

Good luck, hope your experience is the same as mine.

When I get Chinese student customers I always know it's a good day. There will be language barriers. There will be strange questions. But at the end of the day, they are no-nonsense negotiators, they don't lie, and they never have any trouble paying.

Good luck, hope your experience is the same as mine.

So far so good

His English was pretty damn spot on. He told me he had $16,000 cash in his car. I took $500 cash for the deposit without any form of receipt. He just had to get the rest from his bank.

Good thing for this kid that I'm not some shit bag. He could have robbed or defrauded pretty damn easy.

I'm going to have a conversation with him after the car is signed over about how do it next.