Weed trimmer

Mojoe

No But....I have had a 4 stroke and like it better you probably have lots more to whack and its less tiring to use.

There's a real big difference in 4-cycle and 2-cycle trimmers other than just the number of strokes it takes to make a cycle. It helps to understand how both motor types work in order to understand the features that make each desirable.

2-Cycle Engine. Defined by the fact that it only takes two up and down movements to complete a power cycle. Power is created in an engine when intake air is compressed and combusted into exhaust and a 2-cycle engine works with the end of the combustion stroke and the beginning of the compression stroke happening at the same time.

4-Cycle Engine. The 4-cycle engine does effectively the same thing as the 2-cycle engine, only with two more steps. The process of creating power in a 4-cycle engine goes 1) intake 2) compression 3) power 4) exhaust or as it's more commonly known suck, squeeze, bang, and blow. Since each step is performed more concentrated 4-cycle engines often produce less exhaust and are much quieter.

Cliffs 4 stoke mo better and quiet.

http://bestweedeaters.com/buying-4-stroke-weed-eater

I bought the one I linked. It will be here tomorrow. I know those are the big names in trimmers. I just can't get comfortable with the $300 for one with more than 26cc power. If I break this new one, they said I can return it. Then I will probably go with an Echo.

I bought the one I linked. It will be here tomorrow. I know those are the big names in trimmers. I just can't get comfortable with the $300 for one with more than 26cc power. If I break this new one, they said I can return it. Then I will probably go with an Echo.

Just got a echo, runs good have no complaints. Two stroke ftw!

I got a 4 stroke troy bilt I use at the house, the torque on the 4 strokes are awesome.

If I has to buy another weed eater, I would get stihl going forward, their units are awesome.

I bought the same 4 stroke troy bilt and works way better than any 2 stroke I've had. One pull starts every time.