Internet options?

SRTurbo04

Moved up to lewis center 43035. Have time warner for cable/internet. We kept having major issues with channels just flat out not working, super slow out dated box and over all just to high of a bill, we switched to dish, no turning back there.

Well we cancelled our cable today and they ripped my wife a new one and were all sorts of rude. Even after this we kept the internet and they pretty much said blow me and is trying to charge us $70+ for crappy standard internet, we dont even have the good package. Time warners website says up to 15 mbps for 34$ which is probably a promo rate.

What is out there for up here? I get mailings for at*t and wow but there website says there not there yet, haven't called yet though to verify weather or not.

So what is out there? Also this is under my wifes name, could i just cancel her service, and open service in my name to the same address to get the promo or would that not work out?

Any one work for time warner that wants to help me out and keep my business? If so Pm me.( I feel like i read someone posting about working for them any one know who it was?)

Edited by Paul

Huh? Unless something changed, Verizon does not have FiOS anywhere in Ohio, and there are no plans to add it.

That's cetainly possible, just naming off a service other than ATT, WOW and TW. I've never been in a Verizon territory so I have never looked into whether it was rolled out here. Ohio being so populous, I just sort of assumed that by now it would have hit somewhere.

There's a brick and mortar TWC retail store in Newark. It's 100% worth the drive for you. Take your old TWC set top box out there to turn it in, and ask about internet rates. They're nice face to face and will hook you up with the promo rate.

• 4 weeks later...

What is out there for up here? I get mailings for at*t and wow but there website says there not there yet,

go to att website and enter your address to see if it is in your area yet. I like my ATT uverse cable / internet

... reading owns you.

Ended up making a scene on there time warners facebook page and they messaged me and gave me a promo rate for a year. Sketchy thing is it was all done through facebook, and i am not even on the time warning account lol.

Will be checking to see who has moved up here though cause i want out of time warner, bastards!

... reading owns you.

Ended up making a scene on there time warners facebook page and they messaged me and gave me a promo rate for a year. Sketchy thing is it was all done through facebook, and i am not even on the time warning account lol.

Will be checking to see who has moved up here though cause i want out of time warner, bastards!

They're, There, Their. I didn't understand you.

Wow sucks for us, 50 for $50 now but the latency is laughable in our neighborhood. Had AT&T but they were charging so much for 18mb. They all suck. On top of this you can no longer buy a smartphone on a subsidized price with AT&T as of June 1st. You can only sign up for a NEXT plan or pay full price for it. I guess when you go into a NEXT plan I would lose my unlimited data. Verizon here I come I guess. Internet is ridiculous in this country.