old school "zx" owners

Shawn89

Any other old school Kawasaki zx bike lovers on here? Myself I have an 89 zx10 that i ride and a 90 zx10 that I got for parts.

My 89 is naked right now. Working on a set of clean fairings to paint and restore.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g255/thrilz4u89/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-05/IMG_20150513_205230441.jpg' alt='IMG_20150513_205230441.jpg'>

This is my father and his 1986 zx1000a1 ninja (and also my old 1967 gs340).

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f102/Geeto67/7d1c.jpg

Dad bought this bike new in 1987 as a leftover. As a kid I went to a million bike nights, rallys, meets, toy runs, etc... on the back. It was the first street bike I ever rode at 14 years old, I rode it to mid Ohio from New York one year, and was the first vehicle I ever went over 120mph on. It's the first year of the zrx race replicas, so the engine still says GPZ all over it but the frame is a zx vin. By modern standards it a really good sport tourer, but back in the 80's these and GSXRs were hot shit in a champagne glass.

I remember reading cycle world in 1989 when they said there would never be a bike made faster than the zx10. How wrong they were.

I have always wanted an Eddie Lawson replica.

It's a fun bike, comfortable, fast enough to get me in trouble, handles decent or what it is. On the one hand I would like to make some more power but n the other hand I know it's plenty fast enough for what I'm going to do with it.