Soundproof room?

Jewtoys

Assuming at least one person on here has experience with soundproofing a room, you know, because you were beating the wife and tired of the neighbors calling the cops.

Any tips or specific products to use or avoid?

Are you looking to finish off a room/basement? or just adding some stuff to an existing room to reduce noise?

Adding to an existing room.

I've never had any experience with this and pretty much would like it to be as silent as possible. I don't want my neighbors to end up killing me

What is it for and what are you trying to sound proof it from?

Insulation material will help the best things are the foam you use in a music room but it will cover your walls( idk of you care about that) there is also paste you can coat your ducts with so it doesn't transfer through then as well into other rooms, specific double sealed doors are available to reduce noise.

I know for recording in the past I have hung "eggcrate" panels up. But that is more to kill unwanted echos and reverberations than to keep sound escaping from the room.

http://www.acousticalsurfaces.com/acoustical-foam-eggcrate

I can recommend a heavy door with a seal at the bottom though - you'd be curprised how much sound can go through a hollow core door and the open slit at the bottom.

There are various sheet good products out there. Should be better ones out there than this one probably can find it cheaper too. But just for reference.

https://www.menards.com/main/building-materials/panel-products/construction-panels/fiberboard/1-2-x-4-x-8-sound-board-fiberboard/p-1977355.htm

What is it for and what are you trying to sound proof it from?

Insulation material will help the best things are the foam you use in a music room but it will cover your walls( idk of you care about that) there is also paste you can coat your ducts with so it doesn't transfer through then as well into other rooms, specific double sealed doors are available to reduce noise.

It's for drums, I cannot stand playing electric crap and don't get the full use out of a acoustic set. They make basically a mini room that would enclose the kit but I'm not sure how well those actually work.

Appreciate the responses.

It's for drums, I cannot stand playing electric crap and don't get the full use out of a acoustic set. They make basically a mini room that would enclose the kit but I'm not sure how well those actually work.

Appreciate the responses.

Depends, you can get a similar setup to the same they have at guitar center and it works fantastic. If you want a guy a couple houses down from me does recording inside his house professionaly im sure you could check out how his setup is and talk to him about things

Depends, you can get a similar setup to the same they have at guitar center and it works fantastic. If you want a guy a couple houses down from me does recording inside his house professionaly im sure you could check out how his setup is and talk to him about things

I live in NC.

I had no idea companies strictly do soundproofing, found someone local who is coming out to check the space out.

Thanks guys.

THIS place will have exactly what you are looking for.

Ask for Greg Barcus.

:thumbup:

KillJoy

My dad has worked there for 20 years and they make great products, seems like every movie theater, church or commercial building we go to in columbus he can point out a product they make.