Hey Lexus guys, thoughts on ISF?

mrhobbz

So I've been debating on what I want to replace my daily with (saab 9-7x) I have a few cars in my list but the more I look at the ISF the more I like it.

1) E55 AMG

2) C63 AMG

3) 3.5 ecoboost F150 ( i know, kind of out of place)

4) Lexus ISF (2010+)

I'm looking for something somewhat sporty but closer to the luxury side and the ISF seems to fit the bill so far, I'm assuming it will also have a lower cost of ownership compared to a Mercedes. The closest ISF to me is about a 3 hour drive, going to try to test drive it this weekend. The one thing that concerns me is the ECU (it seems there are no tuning solutions aside from a standalone) I likely wouldn't mod it, but you know how that itch gets.

Anyone have any opinions on the cost of ownership, quality, or in general on the ISF?

I wouldn't drive the E55, you'll be disappointed in anything after it.

I also considered the ISF and some day might own one. But for the money you'll spend on it you can get 2 E55's....its kind of a no brainer. $16k-$19k for very nice examples that have been taken care of.

The only thing is be prepared to do work yourself. The cost of ownership has been low for me other than the mods.

Edited by Panduh

How many winters are in 5 months?

Dont be a baby.

I drove from Minneapolis to Columbus with a snow storm following me the entire way for 12 hours.

This is coming from a guy that swore he would never buy a RWD car in Ohio.

With a set of snow tires i feel just as confident with this car as I did with my STi.

brakes are expensive...eats front tires due to camber

Both are incorrect statements. Eats front tires due to toe, not camber. Get an alignment to take out the toe added from factory and you will be fine.

Brakes are more expensive than most cars but its truthfully not bad.

I love my ISF, The main drawback of the car IMO is mods. You can really only do so much to them mainly Intake, Headers, Exhaust and a 100-150 shot of nitrous (wet shot and the ECU handles it very well). there is a tuning options out there but its stupid expensive for a little gain simply not worth it. )

Yes for the money there are better cars out there, but do you really want a car that everyone else has and you will see the same car 3-5 times a day or do you want a car that you may see 1 every 3-5 days.

as far as ownership of the car, its still a Toyota. 08-10 had some issues with water pumps all dealerships are taking care of them usually free of charge. other than that ive not need to replace one thing on my car or do any un foreseen maintenance.

your more than welcome to come drive my car and see how you like the car/ fit in it just know mine has been decently modded with Intake, headers, exhaust, stiff coilovers, and a Carbon LSD in the rear.

Now that Lexus puts an F badge on everything the ISF has lost whatever appeal it had.

Except it's not a true f badge. The f sport badge is like audis s line package. All f sport does is as a factory lip kit that's it.

I've always fancy an IS-F, being a Lexus/Toyota high performance car. Test drove one, and was very disappointed. The tranny just hunt from gear to gear just can make up its mind. The car looks big from the outside, but the interior is very cramp. I guess my expectation was high.

Except it's not a true f badge. The f sport badge is like audis s line package. All f sport does is as a factory lip kit that's it.

To the general public all they see is an F on the side of the car. Your point was exclusivity. But now that Lexus has decided to blast the F everywhere you see a bunch of F cars driving around. Also the ISF doesn't differentiate itself from a base IS compared to say an M3 and 328.

Now that Lexus puts an F badge on everything the ISF has lost whatever appeal it had.

:dumb: So does every manufacturer. M sport, S line, SRT design, etc.

You're forgetting who you're talking to.

To the general public all they see is an F on the side of the car. Your point was exclusivity. But now that Lexus has decided to blast the F everywhere you see a bunch of F cars driving around. Also the ISF doesn't differentiate itself from a base IS compared to say an M3 and 328.

Thats why the general public doesn't buy the M sport, S line, F sport, SRT design as frequently as the regular cars.

:dumb::dumb::dumb:

I think you should explain what you mean.

I didn't understand chandler's dumb post either, but I'm assuming he meant the fact you've had your car for like 13 days and are commenting on reliability...

Or at least thats what I was thinking.

I didn't understand chandler's dumb post either, but I'm assuming he meant the fact you've had your car for like 13 days and are commenting on reliability...

https://columbus.craigslist.org/cto/5043543268.html

" This car is in excellent condition and garaged every winter for 5 months"

Come on now! Ive had it since March and I've put 6,000 miles on it. I think I'm certified to have an opinion on the car haha

Come on now! Ive had it since March and I've put 6,000 miles on it. I think I'm certified to have an opinion on the car haha

More than me, that's for sure!

I wish the prior Gen E55 had the blown engine of your Gen. Perfect combo imo.