Asking for support: "Hope for the Warriors" and the Smoky Mountain Rally

Doc1647545523

Jim (clone), thank you for your generous donation. Hope to see you soon.

With Jim's donation, I've hit the team goal of $1,000. Donations can be accepted through Friday evening. I'm grateful to the friends and sponsors of CR who have through the years supported the Rally North America charities. Perhaps some of you didn't realize that Rally North America's co-founder, Scott Spielman from Dayton, has been a CR member since 2008.

As of tonight, this rally has raised over $87,000 for Hope for the Warriors. I suspect by kickoff time, it will top $100,000.

I am always glad to help. Enjoy the trip and thanks for all you do to support CR and all the worthy causes you are involved in. Enjoy the rally and be safe. I look forward the photo's and the updates.

My appreciation to Jordan and Jet Auto Group, a CR sponsor who has been great to CR and to the many members who use their services to locate and purchase the car of their dreams.

Jordan came through with a generous donation. This is the second rally I've done that Jet Auto Group became a corporate-level sponsor for. :thumbup:

One day left to fundraise and the rally total is $93,000 for Hope for the Warriors.

Well, I've got the last sponsor decals on the Slingshot (Thanks again to Austin at Lucore, Jordan at Jet Auto Group).

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/2015%20Smoky%20Mountains%20Rally/DSCN1367_zps0x2twls4.jpg

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/2015%20Smoky%20Mountains%20Rally/DSCN1369_zpso7gy9xq1.jpg

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/2015%20Smoky%20Mountains%20Rally/DSCN1370_zpsppvlkqvx.jpg

Brian and Nikki have already left for the Rally and I'll leave Sunday during the night. The two CR teams raised $2,286, and the Rally total is over $110,000 so far. The team fundraising is over and I want to thank everyone for their support. There will still be some general fundraising (charity auctions, for example).

The forecast calls for over 50% chance of rain for the next 5 out of 6 days for the locations we will be. Perhaps an ark next time?

Special thanks to Hannah at WheelMedic who made decals on short notice for some of our sponsors.

Mods, feel free to close this thread, and I'm sure Brian or I will be making a thread with team reports and photos.