WWCRD: Insurance claim

greg1647545532

The only time I wouldn't file a claim would be if the damages would total out the car. My fiero has a few battle scars from a Evo's back wing that decided to come off and hit my car on 270. But fuck this guy and his suspended license. Don't give him a break for breaking the law.

When I was 6 or 8, I opened my mom's car door into the side of a beautiful red C4 Corvette. Put a nice chip in the paint. I was mortified. The old guy smiled and said, "It's just a car."

People have given me plenty of breaks when I've needed them most, and I'm in a position in my life right now where I can afford (financially and emotionally) to let a lot of stuff slide. I don't think that makes me a victim, I'd like to think that it makes the world a better place; maybe this guy will let something slide when he finally gets his shit together and can mange it. (Queue CR calling me a hippie queer :))

I see your point though, and in this case I think I needed the CR hammer mentality -- the car really does need to be fixed this time, and I'm not so well off that I'm willing to pay out of pocket to cut this schmuck a break on his insurance rates.

eta: Thanks Doc.

Respect.

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102513&highlight=rear-ended

I think there is some good dialogue and great points being made in this thread. See the attached post above for perspective; there are situations that we've ALL been in where no insurance filing is needed.

You're wife's situation is not one of them. File the claim. :)