Bungee bumpers?

Chief8one

What's with the "tuner" cars with one bolt in the bumper one bolt in the fender tied together with a small bungee cord? V-tech/stance/srt-4 so sweet bumpers fly off yo?

Example

http://limaohio.craigslist.org/cto/5086444169.html

Edited by Chief8one

Well not sure what a Bunee bumper is but a few SRT people did latches on theirs so they could pull the front bumper easier. It is janky but oh well, their car not mine. I'm sure a lot of stuff I've done to make my life easier some would consider janky.

What's with the "tuner" cars with one bolt in the bumper one bolt in the fender tied together with a small bungee cord? V-tech/stance/srt-4 so sweet bumpers fly off yo?

Usually for a drifter. Bumper covers are stripped/scraped by a wall or other immovable or movable object, so they're attached by a flexible means of fastening; usually the OEM way of attachment is either damaged or unreliable. It offers a better solution than zip-tie stitching. It's also used for decorative purposes.