Where to buy sheet metal brake (don't say HF)

greg1647545532

I need to bend some 16 gauge mild steel, which is the listed upper limit of the 18" Harbor Freight bender. Their 30" model will only do 18 gauge. (Frankly, both of those numbers seem optimistic).

If I was willing to pay more for a 24"+ brake that can handle 16 gauge steel, and I didn't want to wait for something to be shipped, where could I go?

Do you need to buy one? I think stuff like this is why CIF exists.

http://www.columbusideafoundry.com/

Nearest I can tell I'd need to spend $105 on a 3 month membership. I'd love to be able to pay by the hour to use certain big tools, but I didn't think CIF was that sort of place. I don't think I'd go there often enough to justify keeping up a membership.

eta: I ran by EDCO over lunch and was both amazed and disappointed. Amazed at the vast collection of stuff they had, disappointed at their insane prices. And they didn't have any appropriately sized brakes. And the roof leaked in about 30 different places. Strange place.

So I went up the road and dropped $32 for the HF 18" bender. Probably won't work but meh.