Kel Tec customer service

Mojoe

A few months back I picked up a PMR30. It's such a neat gun and pretty unique. I have not shot it as much as I would have liked so far, but I'm about 400 rounds into it. Target ammo was not as abundant as I would have liked, but personnel defense ammo was out there. I found some Winchester tarest ammo in a clear box with tan labling. The pricing was pretty good, but the rounds are just a little short for being 22MAG. This caused failure to feed(FTF) with almost every round. Other ammo has all worked fine. I have since found other winchster in the siver box, and the gun runs fine.

Out of the box the left tube of the fiber optic rear sight, was not glued in to secure it. A little super glue and we were good to go. We did a bit of shooting this weekend and damn if the front sight didn't fly off after a shot. I don't know how we found it in the gravel, but we did. I know it was just the two .05 allen screws that came loose. But, this was pretty disappointing.

Today, I called Kel Tec just to talk to them about their quality control and a light WTF to them. Tim, was very understanding and appologized. He is sending a new front and rear sight, with tool. Free of cost. I was just going to leave it at being disappointed, but I'm glad I called. I had had service like this about 8 years about when I miss place a scopre mount for a Ruger10/22. I called Ruger to order one, and they just sent it for free. I know many companies do this, but it's alway nice to see the understanding, as I fear the one time one of them says "too bad for you". Small things make customers happy.

Edited by Mojoe

I love how Kel Tec treats their customers, and how cheap individual parts are. Kinda sucks that their products are mid range quality at best.

I used to have a P-3AT. The grip broke at the rear pin. $30 and a little time later and it was fixed, but that was kind of a big failure.

Never had a kel tec. I had a similar experience with ruger- called up and received a new sight assy completely free to me on a 10+ year old product that my hard use caused.

Good to know.

I was having issues with a KelTec "Zimmerman Special" was having ejection issues (giggity) and called them up. They sent me a parts kit for the whole slide, minus a barrel. Replaced all the parts, no issues after that. They did it all for free. I do enjoy KelTec and their CS.