Vet Clinic recommendations

jerrodh

Long story short I'm a softy for a cat in need. There is a litter of kittens outside our townhouse, momma cat has been keeping them healthy and we started feeding them a bit and everything seemed fine. Fast forward two weeks there is certainly a runt in the litter and the mother has clearly started to give up hope for it. It's sickly and hardly eating. I took it in today and have been feeding it with an eye dropper (milk) it wont eat any solid or wet cat food.

Thing has perked up a bit after being fed the milk but its not well. Anyone have any recommendations? I won't be keeping the cat long term I have to many but I have taken it under my wing to save it if I can. I'm looking for any kind of help/or clinic/vet recommendation to get it in and see if we can get it healthy. Any home remedies or recommendations are welcome. Like I said main thing I can notice is its lack of wiliness to eat and its got mad eye goo.

I'm on the East side/Reynoldsberg prefer some place out this way. Also if someone is looking for a kitten I will be seeing this through one way or another hopefully the little guy or girl gets better and I can get them re-homed.

It's the sweetest little thing has warmed right up to us after realizing we were not going to eat it. It rubs up on us and purrs non stop.

EDIT: We are somewhat price motivated like I said it's not even my pet and I will not be keeping it in the long run.

Rascal Pet Hospital.

Good to hear I have that on my list. Thanks for the recommendations.

I'll try to come with an update later hopefully I will be looking for a home for the little guy/girl. But if anyone is looking for a little kitten please let me know and I can let you know how it goes.

Don't go to Rascal Pet if its anything over a shot or nail trim.....They almost killed my daughters dog the other day and she had to take it to OSU Vet and got a 2k bill to correct Rascal Pets mess up..... They won't even talk to her about it. Said she brought the dog there messed up....They sliced up the dogs ear somehow. She luckily took a selfie with the dog in the waiting room so she has proof of their screw up!

Im sorry your sister is going through that but in the animal rescue world they come highly recommended.

I sincerely hope her dog is ok now.

I have no prior experience there myself but posted them reputation of the people I work with

In the veterinarian world they (Rascal) are typically regarded as exactly what they are. A budget clinic with a high turnover rate, a typically inexperienced staff, and budget grade (not good but not negligent) care.

So this afternoon the kitten took a very steep turn for the worst. I left work early to get it to the vet my girlfriend works from home and was updating me (hysterical too). We took him to Rascal Pets were we unfortunately had to put it down. Very tough night but I feel the little guy had a couple of good days inside with us we loved him best he could and was able to die more comfortably than he could by himself outside. Thanks for the recommendations.

I had no complaints again it ended up just putting the poor kitty down no actual care but they where very caring and understanding as well as affordable. If anyone wants to know for future reference they only charged me $10.00, they did a physical but said since he pretty much had no chance if we wanted to let him go they would just do a euthanize for $10.00

Don't go to Rascal Pet if its anything over a shot or nail trim.....They almost killed my daughters dog the other day and she had to take it to OSU Vet and got a 2k bill to correct Rascal Pets mess up..... They won't even talk to her about it. Said she brought the dog there messed up....They sliced up the dogs ear somehow. She luckily took a selfie with the dog in the waiting room so she has proof of their screw up!

Dad, I had taken Ozzy and Archie there both for their neutering and they did a great job each time.

Dad, I had taken Ozzy and Archie there both for their neutering and they did a great job each time.

Vet students run a neutering clinic their 3rd year (out of 4). A neuter is legitimately no way to judge a vet clinic.