1996 Dakota - 4 cylinder / 5-speed - $1500

spankis

I'm posting this for my mother's good friend, whose husband recently died. She asked me to look the truck over and help her get it sold.

I know they bought the truck used around 10 years ago, and have used it for errands, yard work, moving stuff, etc. It's been maintained but has some battle scars as you'd expect given miles and age. I know little more than I learned while driving it and looking it over yesterday.

Info:

1996 Dodge Dakota

Regular Cab, Short bed

2.5 L 4 cylinder, 5 speed manual

191k miles

Crank windows, manual locks, sliding rear window, heat works, A/C did not get cold for me when I drove it, but she said it always has (likely needs a charge, blower controls all work fine).

The Good:

Recently had a "complete tune-up", and had the crank position sensor replaced, has receipts for the work

Tires are recent, in good shape

Runs/drives/starts/shifts well

Brakes work well

Has a drop-in bedliner

Doesn't appear to leak anything, no spots on driveway or garage.

The Bad:

- Has some rust, as seen in pictures. Drivers front fender is by far the worst. Bed is solid, cab is solid, rear fenders and bottom of tailgate have some rust bubbling.

- Clear coat is peeling in places

- No radio (has aftermarket deck, but missing faceplate)

- Parking brake does not work - park in gear :)

- Clutch grabs fine, but is worn (pedal releases high)

- Gas gauge doesn't work (gas light goes on and off though, maybe sending unit?)

I drove it and thought it definitely has some life left in it. She is asking $1500, but is negotiable and would like it gone.

Album of pics:

http://imgur.com/a/CdnbX

I can try to answer any questions you have about it. I'm trying to save the woman from the land of Craigslist tire kickers.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by spankis