Android Bros, Assemble

Bigbird

I never really had any issues with my GS4, and would have gone with the S6 but I was just feeling a bigger phone, but not a Note. Haters gonna hate. Heaven forbid someone actually enjoy some of the things Touchwiz brings to Android.

PREACH.

Only reason I got rid of my GS4 was because I had too many apps and they didn't run properly on the SD card. I actually enjoy not having to worry about a cheap as fuck removable battery cover and removable memory any more

Ah yes, those Nexus/Motorola phones with their great cameras and long battery life. /s

That ZTE phone does look pretty good, and I'll admit there is something to be said about stockish Android. It just seems like most of the phones that come with stock Android also come with quite a few compromises. Plus, the JUMP! On-Demand service only offers a few flagship phones right now. So ZTE or ONEPLUS weren't options for that.

Also, there is not a GPE GS6 Active, and with the them using Samsung's proprietary processor, don't expect there to be a lot of/any AOSP ROMs.

Ive got a OnePlus One. It runs Cyanogen OS12 (5.0.1), which is 99% stock android. You want to talk battery life? The OPO is where it's at, trumping even the Note phones. I've got a GS4 in my night stand that i havent even turned on in 9 months. From the very first boot up the OPO has been that good. And why lease a phone from T-Mo? Buy a OPO TODAY for $350 and use it for 3-6 months. Turn around and sell it for $300 and buy a OP Two, then sell that in another 3-6 months and get that ZTE. You'll spend less money than using T-Mo's Jump (hint: they're making money off that service) and you can change whenever you want, as often as you want.

Ive got a OnePlus One. It runs Cyanogen OS12 (5.0.1), which is 99% stock android. You want to talk battery life? The OPO is where it's at, trumping even the Note phones. I've got a GS4 in my night stand that i havent even turned on in 9 months. From the very first boot up the OPO has been that good. And why lease a phone from T-Mo? Buy a OPO TODAY for $350 and use it for 3-6 months. Turn around and sell it for $300 and buy a OP Two, then sell that in another 3-6 months and get that ZTE. You'll spend less money than using T-Mo's Jump (hint: they're making money off that service) and you can change whenever you want, as often as you want.

I was more referring to the Nexus line and most Moto phones (since they moved away from Blur and went more stock). The OPO is certainly an exception to the usual stock Android story and I have heard good things about it, but I've done the buy/resell thing and it gets old dropping hundreds of dollars and having people low-ball the shit out of you when you go to resell it because Android phones don't hold their value. I have no down payment, and 0% interest with Jump. For the ability to just walk into the store and walk out with a new flagship 3 times a year, the small monthly payment really isn't much of a concern to me. Don't have to worry about depreciation, or taking time out of my day to deal with taters online.