AshleyMadison hacked

zeitgeist57

I dunno which is more powerful, my hatred of privacy invasions or my massive justice boner.

No kidding...this is one of few sites where I'd be torn. Sucks about their credit card info and such, but I do have a raging karma/justice boner myself.

I can tell you for me it's my hatred for privacy violations. Who the fuck are you to decide and judge? (Not anyone here in particular, but those responsible for the hack.) And then to do it anonymously, as well. Fucking cowards. Do I condone cheating on your spouse? Hell no. Doesn't change the fact, though. Mind your own fucking business, you judge-y, bigoted cunts.

Ah shit, I didn't even wanna get started...

I can tell you for me it's my hatred for privacy violations. Who the fuck are you to decide and judge? (Not anyone here in particular, but those responsible for the hack.) And then to do it anonymously, as well. Fucking cowards. Do I condone cheating on your spouse? Hell no. Doesn't change the fact, though. Mind your own fucking business, you judge-y, bigoted cunts.

Ah shit, I didn't even wanna get started...

same page here

You have proof or guessing?

I know for a fact there are many women unhappy in their marriage. If they can cheat anonymously, they are more than happy to. It's always the risk of being caught or having anyone else know that makes them worry. I am aware of multiple women on Ashley Madison and other sites looking for just this type of arrangement.

When I worked in field service we (field engineers) would travel to our company headquarters for training. There were a lot of girls who worked in the call center that we knew from scheduling and dealing with customers together. When the guys came in for training and were only there for a few days it was a free for all. The girls knew the guys weren't local and couldn't expose them, they'd never run into them on accident, no expectation of anything more than what it was. This was the case for every company I worked for that had the same field engineer/call center arrangement. It's human nature.

I know for a fact there are many women unhappy in their marriage. If they can cheat anonymously, they are more than happy to. It's always the risk of being caught or having anyone else know that makes them worry. I am aware of multiple women on Ashley Madison and other sites looking for just this type of arrangement.

When I worked in field service we (field engineers) would travel to our company headquarters for training. There were a lot of girls who worked in the call center that we knew from scheduling and dealing with customers together. When the guys came in for training and were only there for a few days it was a free for all. The girls knew the guys weren't local and couldn't expose them, they'd never run into them on accident, no expectation of anything more than what it was. This was the case for every company I worked for that had the same field engineer/call center arrangement. It's human nature.

Again shocked I am agreeing with Mensan here, but just to add to it....it's not just women looking to cheat but there are women in this world who want to be a mistress or want a casual fling with a married man because it presents less "attachment" while assisting in funding a lifestyle. these aren't married women looking for different married men, but rather single women who wanted a good time Charlie that they could walk away from when the dinners and the drinks ran out.

When I used to work in bars in hells kitchen a long time ago I used to see plenty of these types of arrangements. People tend to think "kept person"/sugar daddy relationship when they think of mistress, but really it is seldom the case. Sometimes it's the causal nature and the idea you are doing something "wrong" that is the draw itself.

It's a little sexist that our society still thinks of most women as always wanting to be in a relationship and wanting to be married, and somehow that it is not a desirable thing to be on your own as a woman.

That being said, I have no fucking clue what goes on on Ashley Madison's site other than it is a dating site for married people.

In my defense, I hear about this company all the time because they advertise on Howard Stern's channels (Sirius 100 and 101). The ads are lulzy about a husband confronting his wife about her AshleyMadison profile and it's all good by the end of the 30 second spot.

One time Howard and Robin came back on the air after the AshMad ad, and even they were laughing about the ad; "Who really has a conversation like that???":lol:

If the hackers release names, I'll quickly check for my wifey. :fa::fa:

I bet that site is 99% men.

Greater than that. 99.99%. Less than .01% of the remaining females on there are fake, bots, etc. Fucking epic business model, as soon as you pay you start getting messages to your profile that you're convinced are real. Then they'll pull shit like their inbox is full, but for $1 you can still send it. Thanks for the free money, here's a response scripted by some slave.

Otherwise, I'm guessing >95% of users likely registered with fake names, never entered credit card info, etc. I read the company was about to do an IPO for $200 million, which really is a minuscule amount if they had 37 million real users, paying a monthly fee.

Here is the thing I can't wrap my head around:

In most states, infidelity is actually a crime. 21 states actually have fines and jail time assigned to it (how often it is enforced is another matter).

In all states copyright infringement is also a crime (because it is a federal law http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#506).

When the RIAA sued Napster under copyright, the argument they made was the file sharing site facilitated criminal activity (copyright infringement). Part of the case resolution was an injunction to keep Napster from operating.

Ashley Madison has been sued plenty. Fake profiles, promoting prostitution, and yes facilitating illegal activity. And yet, no injunction shutting it down.

it's odd. that's all.

In most states, infidelity is actually a crime. 21 states actually have fines and jail time assigned to it (how often it is enforced is another matter).

In all states copyright infringement is also a crime (because it is a federal law http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap5.html#506).

When the RIAA sued Napster under copyright, the argument they made was the file sharing site facilitated criminal activity (copyright infringement). Part of the case resolution was an injunction to keep Napster from operating.

Ashley Madison has been sued plenty. Fake profiles, promoting prostitution, and yes facilitating illegal activity. And yet, no injunction shutting it down.

it's odd. that's all.

a supermajority of lawmakers are on Ashley Madison, clearly.

it's odd. that's all.

You'd have a fucking field day looking into establishedmen.com (same company) which is high-dollar borderline human trafficking.

a supermajority of lawmakers are on Ashley Madison, clearly.

We can only hope that some famous names come up in this

You'd have a fucking field day looking into establishedmen.com (same company) which is high-dollar borderline human trafficking.

I am curious where this allegation comes from. Aside from the original article specifically calling it that and a prostitution service as if it was fact (nice journalistic integrity Gawker Media Empire) I haven't seen any other source for that.

I'm not saying it isn't facilitating human trafficking, it may very well, I was just curious as to the source of that particular bit of information.