Glass block windows

mmrmnhrm

I used this company. They came over and quickly replaced all my basement windows with glass block. I think it was $200 a window? I would use them again on my next house.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/columbus-glass-block-columbus

Damn I didnt know it would be that cheap. Ive been wanting to get this done but didnt want to spend the money.

Damn I didnt know it would be that cheap. Ive been wanting to get this done but didnt want to spend the money.

Yes the price surprised me. This was 4 years ago so it might be different now. I bought basic glass block windows nothing fancy. 2 of the windows I asked for a small vent and there was a slight up-charge. I should of called them the day I bought my house. It was very reasonable.

Glass block windows are:

1) Inexpensive ($60-75 at Lowe's depending if you want the little vent or not)

2) Extremely easy to install, even for a basic DIY-er.

The $200 price doesn't surprise me, probably $150 in labor per window and I bet it took less than 45 minutes per window. It's really, really easy.

Glass block windows are:

The $200 price doesn't surprise me, probably $150 in labor per window and I bet it took less than 45 minutes per window. It's really, really easy.

Even if the sill plate sits on the window framing?

Glass block windows are:

Sometimes it's just easier to pay someone when the price isnt that much different

Sometimes it's just easier to pay someone when the price isnt that much different

Exactly... two and a half years later, I kinda wish I'd just gone with one of the "door only" quotes on my garages, but still done the openers myself. Talk about a real PITA.

I used this company. They came over and quickly replaced all my basement windows with glass block. I think it was $200 a window? I would use them again on my next house.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/columbus-glass-block-columbus

+1

We used these guys with great success when we had to replace our basement window at the time of the sale of our old house. No issues or problems with their service at all.

What this guy said. Plus this is a local Columbus company. I am all about supporting a local business whenever possible.