03 GMC 1500HD gremlins.

nurkvinny

03 crew cab 1500HD 4wd, 6.0L.

Over the past few weeks, the service airbag message has came on and stayed on, the 4wd selector switch thinks I'm in 4wd low, and now this morning, the anti lock system tries to kick in during every stop, even going slowly on dry pavement.

All related? Ideas?

I know... get it scanned.

Pull up the underhood fuseblock and make sure there isn't rodent damage, they love that spot.

Likely needs one of the hubs,and one of the front impact sensors. That stuff is common, 4wd could be a switch or an encoder motor if it isn't wiring. Thats the stuff that seems most typical. Otherwise you should get it scanned.

Is this an undo battery for a few minutes then replace sensor, or am I really at risk of firing off a big powdery balloon?

Supposed to, but I never do. GM airbags typically aren't sensitive enough to a quick plug unplug. You may want to play it safe.

In other words, don't disconnect the battery at your own risk.

So if I undo battery, have a slow beer, then crawl under there and swap sensors, I'm good?

Next up... encoder motor.

Pretty much.

Are you sure it's encoder motor? It's common but not the only thing that goes bad.