Curious: why was Crucial Performance thread scrubbed?

El Karacho1647545492

1) I realize this is not a democracy, and is in fact a dictatorship that we all agree to abide by.

2) I realize that the aforementioned thread could've damaged a business that had not done anything wrong.

3) I realize there may not be a desire for another D-Wiggs-esque saga thread.

With all that said, I find it curious that the thread was wiped from CR rather than people standing up for the business and its employees. I believe there are more rational people than not (regardless of how people conduct themselves behind the keyboard) here and most would've seen that this new business is NOT just another shitty Wiggles adventure, and in fact is a viable business that could help the Columbus performance car community.

That thread might not have gotten off to the best start, but why scrub it entirely instead of cleaning up posts?

“It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.”

EDIT: For those unaware, Crucial Performance is a new venture involving who I understand to be a fantastic tuner (no personal experience) named Eric who has worked at a couple controversial local tuning shops, one of which is now defunct and the other of which is a site sponsor. A thread was started last night that was critical of this new venture for allegedly being tied to CTD. After a little back and forth, that thread is completely gone.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i didn't check when i looked at it, was the thread in The Kitchen?

No, it was in The Passing Lane which I found curious for such a critical thread. I figured it was destined for The Kitchen but when I look at my own "find all posts by el karacho" it doesn't even show up there, meaning the thread was scrubbed entirely. I can understand closing a thread before it devolves into chaos, but deleting it entirely? Seems like someone has an agenda. Maybe that agenda is justified and righteous, but I still think things like who to do business with should be up for debate. There were no personal attacks on anyone, just some debate on the quality of work people have performed in the past with some vehement supporters and detractors. I think that kind of debate is helpful, personally.

These sorts things will always be a spikey subject on here. I would imagine it was done away with to squash any wars from breaking out.

Based on what was said the place isn't even up and running 100% yet. I say give it time, and see what hashes out. Columbus is a very fickle town when it comes to these sorts of things.

Based on what was said the place isn't even up and running 100% yet. I say give it time, and see what hashes out. Columbus is a very fickle town when it comes to these sorts of things.

Completely agree. Still, if this is just ONE moderator quashing debate or opinion to protect a friend, that's a big issue and should be talked about.

If, however, this was a decision that mods feel is in the best interest of CR, that's a whole other thing that I have way less of a problem with.

Completely agree. Still, if this is just ONE moderator quashing debate or opinion to protect a friend, that's a big issue and should be talked about.

If, however, this was a decision that mods feel is in the best interest of CR, that's a whole other thing that I have way less of a problem with.

I would go with the latter. The Powers-That-Be have worked diligently to keep the drama to a minimum. I would say that was the goal. And I agree with it.

This site already has a bad enough name for the trolls and keyboard fucks that just pile on, no need to add to it.

Maybe PM Anthony directly and get a better response, because starting a kitchen thread will not end well, ever.

Then why have the kitchen? If you follow the three simple rules in here it's every man for himself.....

I would go with the latter. The Powers-That-Be have worked diligently to keep the drama to a minimum. I would say that was the goal. And I agree with it.

Then why have the kitchen? If you follow the three simple rules in here it's every man for himself.....

Kitchen is here for people to just have their little e-battles and what not, and to keep said e-battles out of the rest of the site.

Putting a thread like this in the kitchen will not provide any real positive results or outcome. Lolz, maybe, stupid stuff, you bet your last cheap Vegas hooker it will...

Anway, I could care less. I'm just here to ref this match and make sure there is no eye poking or punches to the junk, NOW LET'S GET IT ON.

Kitchen is here for people to just have their little e-battles and what not, and to keep said e-battles out of the rest of the site.

Putting a thread like this in the kitchen will not provide any real positive results or outcome. Lolz, maybe, stupid stuff, you bet your last cheap Vegas hooker it will...

Anway, I could care less. I'm just here to ref this match and make sure there is no eye poking or punches to the junk, NOW LET'S GET IT ON.

You should care less. It makes your neck veins pop. And not in a manly sexy way either.

Think of it as the Neutral Zone. So long as Star Fleet, and the Romulans keep their noses clean all is well.

Just for academics sake, the Wars of 2010-2013 were hard fought, and many brethren were lost, but not forgotten.

This site already has a bad enough name for the trolls and keyboard fucks that just pile on, no need to add to it.

Bad enough name? I thought this was 4chan for people local in Columbus and sorta into cars. Actually I take that back, 4chan is nicer and doesn't deserve the comparison.

Seriously though, and not to switch topics for a second - why is this place like a giant douche-bag motel? you would think with the likelihood you will actually meet the people on this site being so high people would be sorta nice. The nicest people I have met IRL from this site post rarely if ever, the loudest and most aggressive don't even seem to live in the state of ohio anymore. I don't see this site having much of a future unless you guys want to change the URL to

Whitemildlyracisitandsexistuppermiddleclassrepublicanandteapartygunownersofohio.com

At least then you'll really attract the target demographic.

You should care less. It makes your neck veins pop. And not in a manly sexy way either.

Think of it as the Neutral Zone. So long as Star Fleet, and the Romulans keep their noses clean all is well.

Just for academics sake, the Wars of 2010-2013 were hard fought, and many brethren were lost, but not forgotten.

I miss you smile and wiggle, you need to come to the race track more and do naughty things with us.

NMCA Norwalk should be a good time, lots of titles on the line. Shakedown will also be bad ass if the weather holds, the Outlaw 10.5 World Title could be decided there :fuckyeah:

Bad enough name? I thought this was 4chan for people local in Columbus and sorta into cars. Actually I take that back, 4chan is nicer and doesn't deserve the comparison.

Seriously though, and not to switch topics for a second - why is this place like a giant douche-bag motel? you would think with the likelihood you will actually meet the people on this site being so high people would be sorta nice. The nicest people I have met IRL from this site post rarely if ever, the loudest and most aggressive don't even seem to live in the state of ohio anymore. I don't see this site having much of a future unless you guys want to change the URL to

Whitemildlyracisitandsexistuppermiddleclassrepublicanandteapartygunownersofohio.com

Are you saying CR should be better?

I miss you smile and wiggle, you need to come to the race track more and do naughty things with us.

NMCA Norwalk should be a good time, lots of titles on the line. Shakedown will also be bad ass if the weather holds, the Outlaw 10.5 World Title could be decided there :fuckyeah:

I will look at the schedule. I need some track time time and shenanigans badly.

Dude. You're an asshole.

• Upvote 1

By all means, if there is consensus at the top that the thread was BS and CR is no place for that, then that's cool. That's the kind of community mods/admins have every right to foster and if users don't like it they don't have to participate.

Purely observationally, though, it felt like a kneejerk reaction by few rather than a consensus. No problem if this thread needs to be deleted for stirring the pot too much.

Seriously though, and not to switch topics for a second - why is this place like a giant douche-bag motel?

So, that's somewhat ironic.

Serious answer, though...there are douchebags on EVERY board that doesn't "Nazi moderate". A lot of what you get out of this place is a reflection of what you put in.

maybe but I am only one. And this site has many. my question is why?

I would summize the typical "car guy" is an A type personality. You've got what?, 2200 members, 200 actively active on here. Something is bound to happen.

Given the opportunity I would gladly give Cordell a Cleveland Steamer.

By all means, if there is consensus at the top that the thread was BS and CR is no place for that, then that's cool. That's the kind of community mods/admins have every right to foster and if users don't like it they don't have to participate.

Purely observationally, though, it felt like a kneejerk reaction by few rather than a consensus. No problem if this thread needs to be deleted for stirring the pot too much.

Sometimes you have to throw water on something before it becomes a fire. Kneejerk reactions are needed around here due to the high amount of keyboard cowboy types.

This thread is fine, it will just be torn off the rails and turned into something else.

So, that's somewhat ironic.

Serious answer, though...there are douchebags on EVERY board that doesn't "Nazi moderate". A lot of what you get out of this place is a reflection of what you put in.

Over-moderate people bitch, under moderate they bitch. Summary, people bitch about everything, even when it is free.