Pistol 1 Class Saturday August 15th, 9am to 5pm

Mojoe

August 15th we will be conducting a pistol 1 class. This class is for the shooter who has the basics of handguns, but is looking to refine, build and possibly learn a better technique to ultimately engage a target more effectively.

Location is at the edge of New Albany and Johnstown. Exact address will be PM'd.

This class is limited to 6 students. Because this is a pilot class, the cost is less than half, at just $80 per person. Regular price will be $180 per person. We ask for your patience if we need to make adjustments to the course material. If you are one of three people who have contacted me and have been waiting for this class, the first three seats are reserved for you.

This eight hour course will cover:

-Timed shooting drill evaluation

-Draw stroke to engage

-Malfunction clearing and reloading in the fight

-Transitional shooting

-Weak hand and strong hand shooting

-Numerous shooting drills, to include a stress shooting course and moving and shooting.

-Final evaluation

Equipment needed:

-A semi auto handgun that you are comfortable with, and even a backup is recommended. At least 3 magazines of 10 rounds or more. If wanting to run a single stack pistol, 5 mags will be needed. NO REVOLVERS.

- At least 500 rounds of ammo. No steal ammo. If a magnet sticks to it, you can't use it. Let's stick to 9mm, .40, and .45. Contact me with questions if other calibers are wanted.

-A hard case holster. Open or concealed. No cross draw or shoulder holsters. Strong side carry preferred, appendix allowed with proven competence.

-Proper ear and eye protection

-Dress for the weather. We will shoot rain or shine. Bring at least a light button up shirt or jacket for drawing drills.

-Recommend to bringing a bag lunch. Fridge and microwave in classroom.

-Ensure you are hydrated and ready to have fun. If you have a medical condition that is strained by exercise or elevated heart rate, this is not the course for you.

Thanks, Sean. We have a couple people for this class, but still have a couple open slots. Howard and I will be demonstrating the shooting of this course for the students, as well as getting in with them to run relays. It's very helpful for learning to see it done, and not just have it told to you.

I have had several PM's about not having all the gear listed above for the class. If you are interested in this class, but may not have the gear listed above, we may have extra you can use for the class. PM me and we can see what works out.

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. Howard and I have really enjoyed working with everyone and we are pretty excited to offer this new course. We know this is a short notice class. We would like 2 more people in the class. That would give us a better idea on timing for drills, and expose challenges a variety of students may have. This is turn, would allow for us to mitigate those issues in future classes, if at all possible. Again, if gear is an issue for this weekend, just let use know and we can assess the situation and may be about to resolve it. Feel free to PM or call.

Finished up a little after 5. This class was great as expected. I know it's been said but Joe and Howard do a great job and they have a huge knowledge base. This class is good for anyone that wants to go beyond the basic CCW info and get some real world and form practice. Don't let the amount of ammo or lack of a holster deter anyone as the practice and experience is worth it. Thanks guys.