Text message to paper copy?

HotCarl

Does anyone know if/how this can be done?

I need to print an entire text message conversation onto paper (or just into a word document of some sort) to keep for my records. I wont bore you all with the details but its imporant at covering my own ass and has possible legal implications. Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot them, then email them to yourself.

KillJoy

unfortunately it would be DOZENS of screen shots and I would worry the order of the messages would be mixed up. i'll still try it though.

I'll look for that MessagePrint app, that would be great if it works. thanks.

Anything that sends to a Word File can be modified. Screen Caps are less likely to be modified.

Not sure what your legal reasons are.....

KillJoy

Brother opened a Time Warner Cable bill in my name without my knowledge from 2008-2011, left an unpaid $358 bill and it went to collections and then on my credit report.

Low and behold I'm moving into a new apartment, they find it on my credit report, said Apt Complex has a contract with TWC and thus no new tenants may have an outstanding balance. I HAVE to move by the 30th of this month, I could file an ID Theft claim with TWC but the process would take weeks to be resolved. After a lengthy text argument my brother said he would pay me back if I paid the bill (which he probably wont) so I moved forward, paid the bill and am now in the process of moving this weekend.

I'm not naive, theres a 90% chance he wont pay me so I need proof that he said he would. After I'm settled with moving I will consider if I want to file a police report and take him to small claims court.

Keep in mind I'm not the only member of the family he's taken financial advantage of so its nothing new to him.

Ummm.... it's your Brother.

Write it off and move one with life. $$$$ ain't something to cause Family Drama over.

KillJoy

He also had a bill go to collections and go on his credit report.

At that point screw family, now your messing with my lively hood with messing with my credit.

I would go beat your money out of him :gabe:

He also had a bill go to collections and go on his credit report.

At that point screw family, now your messing with my lively hood with messing with my credit.

I would go beat your money out of him :gabe:

^^^THIS^^^ fuck family, some people just need the shit kicked out of them.

Ummm.... it's your Brother.

Write it off and move one with life. $$$$ ain't something to cause Family Drama over.

KillJoy

Had this been the first instance, or simply a mistake then yes. But he has taken advantage of my other siblings for years and never suffers any consequences, I refuse to just sit back and eat the cost this time.

I'm more bothered by TWC dictating to an apartment complex who can and can't live there because of an old cable bill left unpaid versus your brother stealing your identity.

This particular apartment complex offers "free cable and internet", thus they have a contract with TWC to supply all the units. In said contract no new tenants are allowed to move in with an outstanding balance in their name. Hence why it was such an issue.

The apartment manager was willing to work with me as much as possible but his hands were tied, so that was my dilema.