Gun control and the Second Amendment

Mojoe

There are many angles on this topic that I would like to talk about, but don't have the time to post about them. Frankly, when I see geeto67 is in a thread, I lose interest in the thread. Two factors are always when geeto67 is in a thread. Over baring information, whether you agree or not with the info. And, then that info to be followed up by an argumentative stance, that may actually be a conflict to the original information he posted. Resulting in, a structured self trolling to troll others into being upset and posting more.

The by product is people have stopped posting or lost interest.

I can't rep this post so....

http://junkee.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/facebook-thumbs-up-1024x952.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many angles on this topic that I would like to talk about, but don't have the time to post about them.

you could just pick one. I get the general shotgun approach is a nice way to start but why not follow up on that if you have a general interest? the only way to enlightenment is through discourse.

Frankly, when I see geeto67 is in a thread, I lose interest in the thread
It's a shame but it's your loss. being selective in your information rarely works out well.

Two factors are always when geeto67 is in a thread. Over baring information, whether you agree or not with the info.
I don't know what "over baring" means. If you mean overbearing again not sure if you just mean that it is too much volume for you to read or that it is too complex?

And, then that info to be followed up by an argumentative stance,
That is the nature of conversation. if two people agree on something then there really isn't much to talk about. Even conversations about two people agreeing on something are often each person "fishing" a little for how far they agree in detail.

that may actually be a conflict to the original information he posted.
subject to interpretation but that would require you to abandon a narrow world view for a broader one. usually people who try to reconcile this will ask questions in furtherance of understanding. Those for whom it challenges their world view dismiss it as inconsistent and move on.

Resulting in, a structured self trolling to troll others into being upset and posting more.
I mean that's kind of what the internet is for right? honestly the level of conversation here isn't exactly high - most posts are 1 liners of somebody stating something and 20 people agreeing with them. So sue me if I want to get people talking. It's better than 30 pages of:

"Nice day"

"yep"

"yup"

"yes sir"

etc....

I was just hoping to see something more lively out of this. I looked like it had potential for real legs and just fizzled out.

• 4 weeks later...